Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Do you have ammo for all the guns you own?

So after a recent gun trade with a gentlemen that was clearly a collector mostly WWI/WWII era guns...he showed me how he has AT LEAST 500 rounds for EVERY caliber he had...which is impressive with a gun collection of 150+

So this got me thinking do you keep ammo on hand at all times for all your guns? do you have a minimum per gun? or does the gun designate the amount of ammo you have for it?

Me personally it is the later, I have the Closet full of 22lr/9mm/223/45acp/38 special....but my mauser and H&R top break or tokerev..I have maybe a box or 2 HOWEVER!!!! I always keep some ammo for every gun...

How about you? collector? hunters? Average John doe gun owners?(or jane)

Side note: my great uncle isn't a big gun guy but has hunted since he was 10 and now in his 90's only buys 1 box of 30-06 a year....only ammo he has.
    "If I had six hours to cut down a tree, I would take four hours sharpening my axe" Abraham Lincoln

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Do you have ammo for all the guns you own?

I try to have at least some ammo for everything I shoot. I can't say I have 500 rounds of everything, but I have enough for a few reloads.

(Beaver County)

The only time you can have too much ammo is if your swimming or on fire.

I have ammo for every caliber and probly for 20 different calibers I don't own.

If you can buy it cheap, stock it deep.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

I keep at least 50 rounds for everything I own. I even have the Black Powder and ball for the 1851 Remington.
    20 years USN - OSC

(Westmoreland County)

I reload everything I shoot other than 22LR. And cast bullets for everything but 270. I even cast and reload for 7.62 X 54R.
    Reloading just makes more sense to me than having crates of ammo setting around. Some brass like the 7.62 X 54R can be difficult too find, However once you do locate all the components, you are pretty much set for life on ammo.

I don’t know how some guys can stock pile ammo for everything they shoot. Just the Dies and components as well as bullet molds I have can become over whelming at times.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    The only time you can have too much ammo is if your swimming or on fire.
    Best laugh all week, that's a keeper.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    I have ammo for every caliber and probably for 20 different calibers I don't own.
    What he said.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    I don’t know how some guys can stock pile ammo for everything they shoot. Just the Dies and components as well as bullet molds I have can become over whelming at times.
    I reload for 14 different calibers. I'm starting a commercial casting and reloading business and have a lot of machinery. I currently have 2500lbs of ingots and 100k cast bullets in stock ready for opening and making more everyday. I'm currently renting two different spaces. 1100sqr feet at one place and 1700sqr feet at another.

Sometimes hobbies just get obsessive. But what better job to have than make ammo and bullets all day.

And don't ask the wife about the basement. It's looks like a ammo bunker now.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

When I used to go to the pafoa shoots, i had to pick up the rounds for skeet, i regularly had a case of .22 , 9mm, 357 and 38, guns I owned, but when i loaded 3 cases of 12G 8shot in the back of the pickup people wondered about me.

Thing is, there was no shells available at the range and we often got visitors wo i made the shells available to them at the price the store sold them, At the time it was like $7.50 per 25
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Pike County)

Yup, In the dealings of trade/sale of firearms I always sell as I got the firearm (box manuals and the original goodies). So when it leaves my possession , I retain the ammo I bought for it. You never know when you buy another in the same cal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast