Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default hey all, new to shooting with a bb/pellet gun

hey everyone how are ya today?
    I just purchased a daisy 880s from walmart yesterday.
    Very fun
    I finally was able to live my dream of getting a bb gun. Im 20 by the way and have wanted one ever since i saw the movie *Christmas Story* "You'll shoot your eye out kid"

I live in Philly and have been reading through the safety tips and all on this site.
    I'm currently shooting into my garage where i set up a small pellet trap that i purchased from walmart for $20. I would say i am getting my monies worth.

I also stacked cardboard boxes stacked with newspaper all around the area where i would be shooting.

One thing bugging me right now is that my gf is a better shot than me and she has never shot a gun before. AND I WAS IN THE BOY SCOUTS!!!

Well hope to meet alot enthusiast just as me.

Im Ben by the way.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: hey all, new to shooting with a bb/pellet gun

Welcome to the forum.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by satanicminion View Post
    hey everyone how are ya today?
    I just purchased a daisy 880s from walmart yesterday.
    Very fun
    I finally was able to live my dream of getting a bb gun. Im 20 by the way and have wanted one ever since i saw the movie *Christmas Story* "You'll shoot your eye out kid"

I live in Philly and have been reading through the safety tips and all on this site...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought BB guns are illegal in Philadelphia. Does anyone know about this?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaA View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought BB guns are illegal in Philadelphia. Does anyone know about this?
    §10-810. Weapons and Dangerous Devices.

(1) Discharging Firearms.[158] No person shall fire or discharge recklessly and without reasonable cause any rifle, gun, pistol, or other firearm.

(2) Water Pistols, Electric Canes, and Miniature Cannon.[159]

(a) No one shall sell or offer for sale water pistols, electric canes, miniature cannon, or similar articles.[160]

(b) No one shall use water pistols, electric canes, miniature cannon or similar articles in any street or public place.

(3) Spring Guns, Air Guns and Bows and Arrows.[161]

(a) No person shall sell, offer for sale at retail, or use, or possess with intent to use, any air gun, spring gun, or any implement not a firearm which forcefully impels a pellet of any kind.

(b) No person shall sell, or offer for sale, at retail, any bow and arrow, to any person under the age of twenty-one (21) years unless the seller first obtains written evidence of parental consent to the proposed purchase by the minor.[162]

(4) Switchblade Knives.[163] No person shall sell, offer for sale or carry any knife with a blade which is released by a spring mechanism including knives known as "switchblades."

(5) Incendiary Paper. No person shall manufacture, sell, offer for sale, carry or store any incendiary paper that has been chemically treated to vanish at the touch of a flame, including paper known as "flash paper."[164]

(6) Penalties. Whoever violates any provision of this Section or Section 10-821 shall, in addition to other penalties provided, forfeit the weapon, contraband, or dangerous device giving rise to the violation of such section.[165]

(7) Confiscation. Police officers shall seize and deliver into departmental custody any air gun, air pistol, spring gun, switch blade knife, incendiary paper, contraband weapons, accessories and/or ammunition or other implement which shall be used, discharged, possessed, offered for sale or carried in violation of Section 10-810 or Section 10-821.[166]

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    §10-810. Weapons and Dangerous Devices.

(1) Discharging Firearms.[158] No person shall fire or discharge recklessly and without reasonable cause any rifle, gun, pistol, or other firearm.

(2) Water Pistols, Electric Canes, and Miniature Cannon.[159]

(a) No one shall sell or offer for sale water pistols, electric canes, miniature cannon, or similar articles.[160]

(b) No one shall use water pistols, electric canes, miniature cannon or similar articles in any street or public place.

(3) Spring Guns, Air Guns and Bows and Arrows.[161]

(a) No person shall sell, offer for sale at retail, or use, or possess with intent to use, any air gun, spring gun, or any implement not a firearm which forcefully impels a pellet of any kind.

(b) No person shall sell, or offer for sale, at retail, any bow and arrow, to any person under the age of twenty-one (21) years unless the seller first obtains written evidence of parental consent to the proposed purchase by the minor.[162]

(4) Switchblade Knives.[163] No person shall sell, offer for sale or carry any knife with a blade which is released by a spring mechanism including knives known as "switchblades."

(5) Incendiary Paper. No person shall manufacture, sell, offer for sale, carry or store any incendiary paper that has been chemically treated to vanish at the touch of a flame, including paper known as "flash paper."[164]

(6) Penalties. Whoever violates any provision of this Section or Section 10-821 shall, in addition to other penalties provided, forfeit the weapon, contraband, or dangerous device giving rise to the violation of such section.[165]

(7) Confiscation. Police officers shall seize and deliver into departmental custody any air gun, air pistol, spring gun, switch blade knife, incendiary paper, contraband weapons, accessories and/or ammunition or other implement which shall be used, discharged, possessed, offered for sale or carried in violation of Section 10-810 or Section 10-821.[166]

Thanks, HiredGoon, for taking the time to post Philadelphia's Weapons and Dangerous Devices laws. I knew they were illegal when a kid aimed a BB gun at me, and I called the police to report the incident. The police took my complaint seriously and confiscated the kid's BB gun. This happened a number of years ago.

(Philadelphia County)

yea i know they are illegal. my garage is in my back yard and i shoot in a pelet trap surrounded by cardboard boxes and newspaper and am only using 2 pumps. im hoping to find other pellet gun users in the counties around Philadelphia so that i can possibly shoot where they shoot

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by satanicminion View Post
    yea i know they are illegal. my garage is in my back yard and i shoot in a pelet trap surrounded by cardboard boxes and newspaper and am only using 2 pumps. im hoping to find other pellet gun users in the counties around Philadelphia so that i can possibly shoot where they shoot
    So, I have some very important questions: if you know owning BB guns are illegal in Philadelphia, then why are you bragging to the members of the forum that 1) you know that they are illegal, and 2) you still intend to shoot them in your backyard, which is in Philadelphia?

My other question is: How old are you?
    Last edited by LisaA; June 16th, 2009 at 12:26 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Ma'am i am not bragging. I shoot inside my garage. It is made of 2 foot thick walls of concrete and 1 window which i have secured with a plate of steel and carpeting on the front of it.. I am on this forum to find friends who share the same interest as me. In finding a friend with these interest and more experience, i hope to find a better location with more room to safely fire. and no i do not intend to purchase more guns.

I am 20.

(Philadelphia County)

welcome to the forum. stop breaking the law. lol no seriously... stop.
    Audentes Fortuna Iuvat

(Philadelphia County)

I'm not trying to break the law.
    i specifically joined this forum to find help on WHERE TO SHOOT.
    Do shooting ranges allow pellet guns to be used in them?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast