Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default C&R license question

Hello everyone
    I am currently thinking about getting a C&R license and have already ordered the Ap from ATF. I was just wondering if anyone has recently received one and about how long does it take to receive the license.
    I also would like to know if you get one do you have to make purchases every so often or not at all. I am interested in getting preferred pricing from certain dealers on supplies and there are only a couple of rifles that I am interested in. Any info would greatly be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rich
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8 ... III% OK

(Centre County)

Default Re: C&R license question

Length of time from submission to receipt seems to vary lately. Guess it depends on how busy they are. There are no minimums for purchases. You will get all the ins and outs with the license. Send a copy to Brownells and MidwayUSA and you get a discount on parts.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lackawanna County)

Mine (recent) took about ten weeks.

Remember that the traditional first purchase for a new C&R is an 1895 Nagant revolver; well under $100.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Mine (recent) took about ten weeks.

Remember that the traditional first purchase for a new C&R is an 1895 Nagant revolver; well under $100.
    I sent in for mine just after christmas last year (9 months ago) and it took about 7 weeks to get it. I thought the traditional first purchase was one of those $69 7.62x54R Mosin rifles (Since two boxes of the Nagant revolver ammo or the 32ACP cylinder cost almost as much as the gun itself.)

The dealer discounts at places like Midway was worth the price of the C&R for me. Good luck.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks for the info . I like to purchase from Midway and Brownells and that would pay for the license itself. I just ordered the application from ATF today and it said about 10 to 14 days to receive.
    Thanks guys , looking forward to joining the ranks of C&R.
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8 ... III% OK

(Juniata County)

When you get your C&R, you'll also send it out to a bunch of other firearm importers and suppliers. I'm sure there is a long list somewhere on this site. Some of the ones I sent mine into were Century Arms, Southern Ohio Guns, Classic Arms, J&G Sales, and Centerfire Systems. Some of those places require the C&R to be on file even to view prices. You never know when a C&R deal will come along and then you won't have to wait to purchase.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
    When you get your C&R, you'll also send it out to a bunch of other firearm importers and suppliers. I'm sure there is a long list somewhere on this site. Some of the ones I sent mine into were Century Arms, Southern Ohio Guns, Classic Arms, J&G Sales, and Centerfire Systems. Some of those places require the C&R to be on file even to view prices. You never know when a C&R deal will come along and then you won't have to wait to purchase.
    Sounds like a good idea , I may have more to get than just a Garand. I love old military rifles and I also ordered the collectors list from ATF.