Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone interested in a Monroe, Lehigh, Lackawana Event with a cause?

Been thinking about this for a bit, we really need to get out there and be seen while doing something that is meaningful. Not just hanging around or meeting at a restaurant but actually helping out the community.

What I was thinking was a 'road clean up' like you see different groups doing once in a while. Someplace that is central to us NEPA people where we can show the community we are both gun owners and responsible citizens too.

Throw me some dates for the next month or two and let's see if we can get some decent press for gun owners and OC'rs. I'll do the leg work, contact whatever township needs to be contacted to get the road and the dates set up and I will also contact the papers to see if we can FOR ONCE get a 'positive spin' on decent, law abiding citizens that just happen to own and carry guns, that are ready willing and able to make a difference in our community.

Let's see the 'roll call', the dates and the ideas!

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Anyone interested in a Monroe, Lehigh, Lackawana Event with a cause?

a group I used to belong to would donate time to help clean up a range on SGL. Good publicity for the group and was also appreciated by the PGC.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Anyone interested in a Monroe, Lehigh, Lackawana Event with a cause?

Yo DCD, count me in...
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

Quote Originally Posted by Strapped View Post
    Yo DCD, count me in...
    Thank you for your input and support BUT (always a but isn't there)

I was starting to wonder, been days since I made the OP and there has been nothing but the 'chirping of crickets' since then.

Gotta wonder (not including the people that HAVE posted) how much some members here care about making a 'positive statement' ... kind of freaking sad if you ask me.
    Last edited by dc dalton; August 28th, 2009 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Thank you for your input and support BUT (always a but isn't there)

I was starting to wonder, been days since I made the OP and there has been nothing but the 'chirping of crickets' since then.

Gotta wonder (not including the people that HAVE posted) how much some members here care about making a 'positive statement' ... kind of freaking sad if you ask me.
    Ahhh yes, the I'll die for my rights, but I don't want to do anything to show them, crowd.

If I can, I'll be there, you know my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Ahhh yes, the I'll die for my rights, but I don't want to do anything to show them, crowd.

If I can, I'll be there, you know my situation.
    Thanks brother ... I'm giving it another 2 or 3 days and if all I get is the three responses I've gotten (and thank you for those three) I'm gonna tear this so-called 'community' an asshole 10' wide! Talk about all talk and no action!

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Thanks brother ... I'm giving it another 2 or 3 days and if all I get is the three responses I've gotten (and thank you for those three) I'm gonna tear this so-called 'community' an asshole 10' wide! Talk about all talk and no action!
    Yep, most are talk, but no walk........
    A real shame.......

This could really be something.

(Carbon County)

I didn't see this sooner, but depending on when and where I would definitely be interested in helping out. My only issue would be if it falls on a day my wife work, I would have the baby. Don't really have anyone close by to baby sit. But it sounds like a good deal, IF you can get the support.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Monroe County)

I'd be down for it for a bit depending on what day of the week it is since I've been working like a dog for the past few weeks and it isn't going to let up any teach soon.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Monroe County)

You know I'm there for whatever or whenever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast