Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P15 22.lr

(Berks County)

Default S&W M&P15 22.lr

Anyone own/shoot one? Opinions on it ... pictures ... etc? I'm looking into purchasing one. The review on GunBlast was really good and it seemed he liked it better then the Colt 22lr.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: S&W M&P15 22.lr

i fondled one on monday. it sure is heavily made out of plastic, thats for sure. its really light. i mean really light. sure it looks like an AR, but since i own a GSG, the M&P really didnt feel like a gun to me. atleast the GSG has some heft to it for a plastic gun. i also have fondled the Colt, feels more real, but half the features on it dont work. they are there for looks.

i also fondled the new GSG AK-47. now that thing actually has some heft to it. you can tell theres some real metal in there. not sure on how it shoots, but it felt good. id probably look for the wood one as opposed to the black one. it was a bit front heavy with the plastic stock.

but considering you can find the M&P or under $300 if you window shop online, id say it would be a good plinker for a kid. for an adult, my thought has changed from "all for it" to "eh get a .22 upper for a real AR"
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    i fondled one on monday. it sure is heavily made out of plastic, thats for sure. its really light. i mean really light.

i also have fondled the Colt, feels more real, but half the features on it dont work. they are there for looks.

i also fondled the new GSG AK-47. now that thing actually has some heft to it. you can tell theres some real metal in there. not sure on how it shoots, but it felt good. id probably look for the wood one as opposed to the black one. it was a bit front heavy with the plastic stock.

<snip>
    Just seen the new S&W myself; upper, lower, RIS handguards, and tele-butt all made from a quality heavy-duty fiberized plastic - NOT ABS. (For those into airsoft, think of G&G plastic or the SRC/TSD G36 or UMP plastics.)

It has the functional bolt and mag release where expected, but no dust-cover over the ejection port for when you pull the charging handle. And... no flash hider. WTF were they thinking...

Otherwise - a very nice little .22. Shop wanted $440.00, which is a tad better than the metal - but tinny - Umarex with "Colt" trades.

Lastly; if you want an AK in .22LR, look for a WASR22 or the AKT98 forerunner to show up in the classifieds or at a funshow table. These are real semi AKMs with real AKM heft, function, and parts interchangability (well, for the most part). No tin, no aluminum sheet and phillips screws; a real-deal stamped AKM.

Guilt-free mag dumps with the BDM mags.

(Allegheny County)

First exposure was today. It was brief but I got to fondle it and watch it mag dump in like 4 seconds with crap bulk ammo.

Which made me hate my .22 AR conversion just a little more.

The thing is feather light. And from what I've seen pretty accurate. They are definitely "cool" .22's. If I didn't already have a .22 conversion for the AR... it would be tempting. But so is the GSG-5.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    i fondled one on monday. it sure is heavily made out of plastic, thats for sure. its really light. i mean really light. sure it looks like an AR, but since i own a GSG, the M&P really didnt feel like a gun to me.
    Believe it or not, you've peaked my interest. I've always had a yearning for a featherweight .22 AR. The more toyish the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    First exposure was today. It was brief but I got to fondle it and watch it mag dump in like 4 seconds with crap bulk ammo.

Which made me hate my .22 AR conversion just a little more.
    I got the upper instead of the conversion. It dumps in about 1 second.

(Monroe County)

if your looking for a featherweight toyish AR then this would be the one. Shop around tho. I've seen a new one online at onpoint I think for under $350

I'm still tempted to get one. Even tho I already had a P22 and a GSG-5
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    And... no flash hider. WTF were they thinking....
    They were thinking that they want to sell these in the "ban" states - PRNJ, PRK, PRNY etc, etc.

They want the ability to reach a mass market with a good price point and it wouldn't be cost effective to make two versions (one for the free world and one for the likes of the states named above).

Adios,

Pizza Bob<-----mired in the PRNJ

(Allegheny County)

Ahh yes, the ban states.

Stuck with a "Constitution of the Almost United States but not quite".

Sorry, I need to remember: but for the grace of God go we in PA; land of the Living Dead Voters. Just look at PGH, Philthydelphia, Harrisburg, Murtha, and Senator Wooden Indian with the famous last name.

But I digress...

Good review with pics here;

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=295684

Worth putting your own AR flashhider on it to complete the look.

Yeah I just got to play with one today in a shop here, feels like its about 2 pounds unloaded, and definitely looks retardo without a flash suppressor. They were asking $500 though! I'd definitely get a upper conversion instead.

(Berks County)

Got one at Cabelas today for $420 - also got $150 back on a gift card for buying it. Not a bad deal ... gun is very light. I don't own any other AR15's or M16's - I own mostly hunting rifles. I just wanted this for plinking and something my wife can have fun shooting. I think it will fit her well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast