Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wanna make beef jerky cabinet

Also, can they be used for making beef jerky?
    Last edited by Holden23; August 13th, 2010 at 01:56 AM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Looking for a place to buy a 20-24 gun safe

I got mine last year at Dick's............pretty decent pricing compared to a place like Cabela's.

(Montgomery County)

Target World in Chalfont usually has a good selection of safes. I was there a week or two ago and they had several Brownings and a new shipment of Fort Knox safes. The Fort Knox ones are way expensive, though. French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville carries Heritage safes, and if I remember right, Classic Pistol in Southampton has some Amsec safes.

I just had mine delivered on Tuesday. After shopping around for a month I found the right combination of size, price, quality and security from Liberty Safes. I bought mine from the store on route 73 in Mt Laurel NJ. It's only a 10 minute ride over the bridge. There is also no sales tax on it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I got mine last year at Dick's............pretty decent pricing compared to a place like Cabela's.
    Was it a Stack-On?

Quote Originally Posted by Driver400 View Post
    I just had mine delivered on Tuesday. After shopping around for a month I found the right combination of size, price, quality and security from Liberty Safes. I bought mine from the store on route 73 in Mt Laurel NJ. It's only a 10 minute ride over the bridge. There is also no sales tax on it.
    How much were you charged for delivery and setup in your home?

Thanks, guys.

I live in the far Ne near Grant and Academy. They charged me $150 for the delivery. well worth it, and less then some other places that I checked.

(Northampton County)

Fort Knox can be a decent safe if you get the right one....no there not cheap.

Browning safes are expensive for what you get...IMO overpriced.

I would want thicker walls than 12 gauge. Many gun safes are marketed to be more formitable than they really are but even a cheap safe will often deter the average burgular. A burgular likely won't want hang aroung long or make noise.

I don't feel a 12ga safe has enough steel to resist a determined pry attack...JMO. The steel that contacts the bolts will give way allowing the door to open. The safes that Dick's sells (cheap) would be fairly easy to defeat.

I have a Sturdy safe. Sturdy sells directly to buyers. Their products do not go thru retailers. They are not made to be good looking or flashy but are utilitatarian. All their fire resistant safes have a 14 gauge steel liner on the inside. Unlike many safes you see in stores the door on a Sturdy actually fits properly.

I like mine.
    Last edited by reverserboy; April 4th, 2009 at 01:34 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    I have a Sturdy safe.
    Thank you for the info...for two reasons.

First, I had never heard of this manufacturer before, so I learned something.

Second, I just got a great laugh after looking at their website. The owner of the company has his daughter modeling which each safe they offer. The photos are fine, but I find them to be hilarious.

Take Model 3224, for example:

They offer ten stock models in all, meaning there are nine other photos like this. Hilarious.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    Sturdy sells directly to buyers.
    If you don't mind my asking, about how much did your Sturdy run you? How did you go about getting it into your home? Thanks.

(Northampton County)

I have the model 3627. It cost me 2330.00 $$,including shipping from. It weighs 920 lbs empty.
    Movers would not move it (too heavy) so I had to get a rigging company to do the job. The safe had to be moved thru a finished part of my basement. It cost me just over 600.00 $ to have it put in the basement.

These guys were pros....no damage to my home or safe & they were at my house for about 1 hr.

That's an issue with safes. The more protection you buy the more it costs to move because of size & weight. Before you get a safe do some serious measuring. A 600 lb safe can more easily be moved by 2 or 3 guys & if you're not going thru a finished room there is way less damage potential. For example....if you roll 900 lbs over a linolium (sp) floor without putting something down you will likely damage it or you can tear carpeting.

A safe from Dick's is better than nothing but is pretty much a fire resistant,glorified filing cabinet that I'm thinking might not stand up to even a half assed pry attack. Most of what they sell at Gander Mt. is not too much better. IMO you want at minium a 10ga body.
    Last edited by reverserboy; April 4th, 2009 at 07:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast