Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How old ?

(Clarion County)

Default How old ?

Who is the oldest active shooters on this forum and how long do you think we are able to safely hang in there?

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: How old ?

Until they pry my cold dead fingers...well you know

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by capitolcop View Post
    Until they pry my cold dead fingers...well you know
    I totally agree with that but I mean without shooting myself on the draw and stuff like that , neighbors cat etc. ?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    Who is the oldest active shooters on this forum and how long do you think we are able to safely hang in there?
    You have me by a year. So it ain't me. Although I sometimes feel like I'm 100.

(Lehigh County)

i'm 51 and i take my dad to the range who is 72. he is in PA. for 3 months and we are going shooting next wednesday. he is also a sergeant in the palm beach county sheriffs dept. his work there is strictly voluntary, but he goes on patrol twice a week for 5 hour shifts. he is where i got all my reloading equipment and he taught me how to reload when i was 15-16. he also still cc's to this day.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    I am 51 my son on here is 27 (thoughtcriminal), and my Dad is 82.

My Dad still goes to Colorado every year to hunt. He also goes with us to Langhorne Rod and Gun Club to shoot with us.

My Grandfather gave us many of his rifles before he went to the big house in the sky.

So I hope we all have many years left in the sport. So "hang in there baby!"

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Clarion County)

This shooting suff gets in your blood and it's something I don't want to quit ever , so far this is a happy thread , thanks.

(Delaware County)

My dad will be 62 this year and still shoots with me. 2 good friends of his we go hunting with are 74 and 83. They are both great guys. Frank(74yo) owns his masonry Company and up until he almost ripped his arm off a few months ago still owrked there 6 days a week 10 hours a day with his son. Gus(83yo) own a small auto shop but about a year ago he finally hired someone to work with him and has been taking alot more time to himself. They both are very active hunters and shooters and do not let age slow them down.

71 yesterday and still shoot almost daily. Last August shot in the Masters Pistol competition and managed to do fairly well at all except the speed event.
    Plan to work on the draw and target acquisition for this year and hope to finish better.

The only concession to my age has been to quit any run and gun games.

Stole the phrase form an old gentleman that I R.O.ed several years ago. "Just so there is no confusion I am here as a participant not a competitor."

Most on here will be able to shoot well into their 80's with modern medicine.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Westmoreland County)

Not me, I am a young 54. I see guys at my club who are in their late 70's or early 80's who still shoot regularly with no issues. One guy in particular is about 82 and is an awesome shooter, much better than I could ever hope to be.
    It makes me feel a little strange, since at age 54 I have eyeglasses and hearing aids, and he does not, and is doing great without them at his age.

He wears prescription reading glasses only when cleaning/disassembling his guns, but while shooting just wears safety glasses. He jokingly treats me like I am the old blind and deaf guy, even though everyone tells me I look at least 10 years younger than my age.

He says his 21 year old wife (who he has been married to for 25 years) lets him shoot as often as he wants because he wears her out in bed and leaves her at home tired and sweaty, then he goes to the club. He might only be kidding, not sure!

I can't see myself being competitive at his age. Wait and see, everyone ages a little differently.
    Last edited by Irwin Inhabitant; May 18th, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast