Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Why is everything out of stock?

Or on back order. Half the gun parts I look at are out of stock. Ammo is the same way.
    Are there that many gun nuts out there?
    Will it get worse the closer it gets to the election?
    Should I buy stock in an AR or AK company?
    No wonder prices are high, it's a sellers market. Or maybe they make it look that way. (tin foil time)

Default Re: Why is everything out of stock?

I spoke recently to someone at my local gun shop. He told me that business is great, and stuff is flying off the shelves. Apparently Ruger stopped taking orders (they can't keep up), and Sig is having problems keeping up as well.

He cited a number of factors that could be leading to the sales: Election, Mayan 2012 nonsense, the worries of 'race and class warfare', the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    I spoke recently to someone at my local gun shop. He told me that business is great, and stuff is flying off the shelves. Apparently Ruger stopped taking orders (they can't keep up), and Sig is having problems keeping up as well.

He cited a number of factors that could be leading to the sales: Election, Mayan 2012 nonsense, the worries of 'race and class warfare', the economy.
    Spot on, let the stampeded begin
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

(Cambria County)

Well, since Obama took office and turned the whole economy into a positive upswing, there are now a lot of people with extra cash to spend and they are buying guns.

So it seems that we have "the ONE" to thank for all the back orders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Centre County)

Obama is the best gun salesman on the block.....

There is an absolute rush for everything out there. Ammo and AR stuff seems to be the worst. Shit like this is THE reason to buy your stuff before these things happens. Buy your ammo on a regular schedule, even a little at a time. Don't hesitate on stuff that you see in stock at your favorite store, whether it be online or B&M stores. Even if you do find ammo now, the prices are outrageous, so.....

One positive I've seen, used guns are showing up at the stores as people trade on AR's and more "tactical" items. I've seen people trading in their revolvers and lever gun stuff for "tactical" shit and I get to slowly bag the trades....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Cumberland County)

Actually you should buy stock in arms and ammo manufacturer's. Check out their growth. They are performing just as flawless as my Glock 19 and 35.

(Allegheny County)

I've been wanting an AR for a while and figure I should buy it now that the prices are finally normal vs 08-09. So that is what I spent my tax return on. I don't need it right now so I placed a back order to wait for a better price.

I'm not worried about the Mayan's, but I'm slightly more worried about the outcome of the Zimmerman trial. I would be more so if I lived in that region.

However if I did live in FL when that verdict is delivered id be more worried about bugging in and fortifying the house than stockpiling firearms and ammo.

(Erie County)

Also any time the media is talking about guns people tend to buy more if they are afraid the laws may change.

Look at the case in Florida right now with Zimmerman shooting that kid.

There are alot of anti-gun groups getting their limelight on news stations all around and its becoming a hot topic again.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    However if I did live in FL when that verdict is delivered id be more worried about bugging in and fortifying the house than stockpiling firearms and ammo.

If you're "bugged in" you better have that arms/ammo stockpile on hand!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I've been wanting an AR for a while and figure I should buy it now that the prices are finally normal vs 08-09. So that is what I spent my tax return on. I don't need it right now so I placed a back order to wait for a better price.

I'm not worried about the Mayan's, but I'm slightly more worried about the outcome of the Zimmerman trial. I would be more so if I lived in that region.

I'd be worried about living in any urban area, not just Florida. Look at how quickly OWS spread over the entire country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast