Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Angry Sellers

(Carbon County)

Talking Angry Sellers

Why do most people tend to get so mad when someone makes them an offer lower than asking price? I am not talking lowballing, I am talking about negotiating. you don't walk into a car dealership and say i'll take it for sticker price and if you do then you are living up to the phrase " a sucker is born every minute."

Just curious I am not saying everyone is like this just some people.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Angry Sellers

Are you referring to the Classifieds on this Forums or in a gun shop?

(Bucks County)

I don't know....I find in general people often ask for too much for their used items (not necessarily here, I don't follow it closely enough to know for sure.) Saw a dog crate on Craigslist offered for $75 supposedly "brand new never used" but the exact same crate, identical, can be purchased on sale right now at PetCo online for under $60.

Whatever. Buyer beware....and if a seller doesn't take your offer, then move along, I guess! If they will get upset, then its probably not somebody you will be happy working with, anyway.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Lancaster County)

Some people suck, others, not so much.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tele View Post
    ...I am not saying everyone is like this just some people...
    Don't worry. We're not furious with you, Noob.
    USAF 77-79, SAC, DMAFB, 390 MIMS, Titan II Crew Chief

(Montgomery County)

I had the recent 'pleasure' of dealing with a member on the forum. I put in an offer for the gun and said that I could find a new one for xyz pricing. Seller felt his gun was like a one in a million and comes back with a , ''good luck finding one...''. Found one for the price I was willing to pay and didn't have to deal with the shitty attitude. Sellers are always going to have their number in their mind and a buyer is going to have their number. I see a lot of folks bumping their items often in the for sale area. You would think by the time they're on page two of their own thread from bumping, they would get the hint.

(Allegheny County)

I think a lot of sellers get so burnt out with dealing with lowballers that they by default become hostile to anyone who even wants to make a reasonable offer. I personally am not a fan of making a sale of an item a long drawn-out process so my guns are by default priced pretty damn close to my bottom limit, but I will always work a little with a buyer who's willing to meet locally to me for a sale, as I hate making the sale of a gun a day-long affair.

I know some people will never buy a used gun without negotiating a cheaper price, but I play my cards carefully. If it's something I really want that's already priced lower than what i'd expect to pay, I find it's in my best interest to buy it on the spot for asking price (for example, the minty S&W model 17 I got for $450 the other week). Otherwise, I run the risk of someone else swooping in and grabbing it while i'm dickering around over trying to save $25-$50.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    Are you referring to the Classifieds on this Forums or in a gun shop?
    not on this site but on a different one and also just in general.

Quote Originally Posted by cakeshooter View Post
    I don't know....I find in general people often ask for too much for their used items (not necessarily here, I don't follow it closely enough to know for sure.) Saw a dog crate on Craigslist offered for $75 supposedly "brand new never used" but the exact same crate, identical, can be purchased on sale right now at PetCo online for under $60.

Whatever. Buyer beware....and if a seller doesn't take your offer, then move along, I guess! If they will get upset, then its probably not somebody you will be happy working with, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Some people suck, others, not so much.
    Yes, that is true. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee60 View Post
    Don't worry. We're not furious with you, Noob.
    Haha +1

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    I had the recent 'pleasure' of dealing with a member on the forum. I put in an offer for the gun and said that I could find a new one for xyz pricing. Seller felt his gun was like a one in a million and comes back with a , ''good luck finding one...''. Found one for the price I was willing to pay and didn't have to deal with the shitty attitude. Sellers are always going to have their number in their mind and a buyer is going to have their number. I see a lot of folks bumping their items often in the for sale area. You would think by the time they're on page two of their own thread from bumping, they would get the hint.
    Well I personally will not buy something unless I am 100% comfortable with the price. I work hard for my money and unfortunately was not born rich. Hopefully after the doomsday bs and obama scare demand will not be so high.

(Berks County)

All kidding aside, we all know when "fair is fair".

I went to the Oaks, PA Gun Show today, and was blown away by the prices...soooo high!

My GF is looking for a small carry piece - a Ruger LCP. We saw prices - NON-laser - from $320 used to $454 new. (Holy crap, right?!?!) French Creek Outfitters has it NEW for $349 + PICS and tax.

Pachella has it for $269 - no PICS fee, plus tax. (One fof the reasons I go there...)

Fair is fair, but beware the gougers...the "lowballers" are used to dealing with them, too.
    USAF 77-79, SAC, DMAFB, 390 MIMS, Titan II Crew Chief

I can understand the seller getting mad if he says "firm" in his price. But if not, its easy to be nice while turning down an offer.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast