Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Lynching penis thieves in Congo

WOW! JUST WOW!

By Joe Bavier
    Tue Apr 22, 1:24 PM ET

KINSHASA (Reuters) - Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.

Reports of so-called penis snatching are not uncommon in West Africa, where belief in traditional religions and witchcraft remains widespread, and where ritual killings to obtain blood or body parts still occur.

Rumours of penis theft began circulating last week in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo's sprawling capital of some 8 million inhabitants. They quickly dominated radio call-in shows, with listeners advised to beware of fellow passengers in communal taxis wearing gold rings.

Purported victims, 14 of whom were also detained by police, claimed that sorcerers simply touched them to make their genitals shrink or disappear, in what some residents said was an attempt to extort cash with the promise of a cure.

"You just have to be accused of that, and people come after you. We've had a number of attempted lynchings. ... You see them covered in marks after being beaten," Kinshasa's police chief, Jean-Dieudonne Oleko, told Reuters on Tuesday.

Police arrested the accused sorcerers and their victims in an effort to avoid the sort of bloodshed seen in Ghana a decade ago, when 12 suspected penis snatchers were beaten to death by angry mobs. The 27 men have since been released.

"I'm tempted to say it's one huge joke," Oleko said.

"But when you try to tell the victims that their penises are still there, they tell you that it's become tiny or that they've become impotent. To that I tell them, 'How do you know if you haven't gone home and tried it'," he said.

Some Kinshasa residents accuse a separatist sect from nearby Bas-Congo province of being behind the witchcraft in revenge for a recent government crackdown on its members.

"It's real. Just yesterday here, there was a man who was a victim. We saw. What was left was tiny," said 29-year-old Alain Kalala, who sells phone credits near a Kinshasa police station.

(For full Reuters Africa coverage and to have your say on the top issues, visit: http://africa.reuters.com/ )

(Editing by Nick Tattersall and Mary Gabriel)

(Berks County)

Default Re: Lynching penis thieves in Congo

Savages. Just a bunch of disgusting and pathetic savages. Dear Jesus, how can these people live in this century? How can they possibly fit in with the modern world, when they resist every possible reality and will kill you if you try to reason with them?

(Dauphin County)

Quote:
    By Joe Bavier
    Tue Apr 22, 1:24 PM ET

KINSHASA (Reuters) - Police in Trenton, NJ have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.

Reports of so-called penis snatching are not uncommon in West Jersey, where belief in traditional religions and witchcraft remains widespread, and where ritual killings to obtain blood or body parts still occur.

Rumours of penis theft began circulating last week in Newark, In The Peoples Republic of New Jersey sprawling capital of some 8 million inhabitants. They quickly dominated radio call-in shows, with listeners advised to beware of fellow passengers in communal taxis wearing gold rings.

Purported victims, 14 of whom were also detained by police, claimed that sorcerers simply touched them to make their genitals shrink or disappear, in what some residents said was an attempt to extort cash with the promise of a cure.

"You just have to be accused of that, and people come after you. We've had a number of attempted lynchings. ... You see them covered in marks after being beaten," Trenton's police chief, Jean-Dieudonne Oleko, told Reuters on Tuesday.

Police arrested the accused sorcerers and their victims in an effort to avoid the sort of bloodshed seen in Jersey City a decade ago, when 12 suspected penis snatchers were beaten to death by angry mobs. The 27 men have since been released.

"I'm tempted to say it's one huge joke," Oleko said.

"But when you try to tell the victims that their penises are still there, they tell you that it's become tiny or that they've become impotent. To that I tell them, 'How do you know if you haven't gone home and tried it'," he said.

Some Newark residents accuse a separatist sect from nearby Asbury Park of being behind the witchcraft in revenge for a recent government crackdown on its members.

"It's real. Just yesterday here, there was a man who was a victim. We saw. What was left was tiny," said 29-year-old Alain Kalala, who sells phone credits near a Trenton police station.

(For full Reuters New Jersey coverage and to have your say on the top issues, visit: http://New Jersey.reuters.com/ )

Doesn't suprise me.

I think someone was just making up excuses for having a small pecker
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

I think we need to ban something , anything , it doesn't have to work , but the politicians will need to speak against these horrible and upsetting incidents. Where is Hilary and Obama , when they are needed the most. There are too many shortcomings in society to allow this to continue any longer.

(Lackawanna County)

Im safe, mine just shrunk after reading that story
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DCChris View Post
    Im safe, mine just shrunk after reading that story
    Beat me to it But now mine doesn't want to come out in a men's room

(Allegheny County)

Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    I think someone was just making up excuses for having a small pecker
    Why didn't I think of it a long time ago?
    That's my excuse from now on.

When she asked me who I thought I could satisfy with that little thing, I smiled and said "ME".

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.