Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default PFOA Sunday Shoots, Guy In Charge

If the fellow who runs the PFOA Shoots Sundays at the Monroeville/? would give me a call about the Full Auto Special Approval I would appreciate it.

John McCaw JCD Shop 412 673-1304 or better my Cell: 412 980-1233

Thanks
    John McCaw
    FFL/SOT2
    JCD Tactical LE Sales
    White Oak, PA 15131-2104
    412 980-1233

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PFOA Sunday Shoots Guy In Charge

John, I called and left you a message.

It's kind of a group effort... no "one" person "in charge", but BearTitan is doing most of the organizing this month.

I left you some other info in the voice mail as well.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

the way you wrote that title as I see that only first in the RSS feed, it sounded quite bad. ("...shoots guy in charge")

(Allegheny County)

Heh. Heh.

I thought it was a news headline too at first!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

John,

You may want to PM this sort of thing. I am organizing the shoot for this Sunday. EM and I have corresponded regarding your request to do a full-auto demonstration. He is for it and, I must be honest, I am against it. There is no chance of a full auto demo at the 8/12 shoot because there is not sufficient time to get the club's approval.

In order to get authorization, it will need to be presented to the club at a general membership meeting and voted on. The next membership meeting will be held on 9/5 at 7PM. Are you a member of PMSC? If not, there is little chance of the membership allowing you to break the rules as a guest.

I am not in charge of this forum, so my opinion is just one of those that will decide if your demo will be allowed. I am not against full-auto, but do have a problem with the negative attention that it will bring to our PAFOA shoots.

Don't forget, without the PMSC blessing, we are in the same boat as the Easties. Looking for a club to shoot at.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by BearTitan View Post
    John,

You may want to PM this sort of thing. I am organizing the shoot for this Sunday. EM and I have corresponded regarding your request to do a full-auto demonstration. He is for it and, I must be honest, I am against it. There is no chance of a full auto demo at the 8/12 shoot because there is not sufficient time to get the club's approval.

In order to get authorization, it will need to be presented to the club at a general membership meeting and voted on. The next membership meeting will be held on 9/5 at 7PM. Are you a member of PMSC? If not, there is little chance of the membership allowing you to break the rules as a guest.

I am not in charge of this forum, so my opinion is just one of those that will decide if your demo will be allowed. I am not against full-auto, but do have a problem with the negative attention that it will bring to our PAFOA shoots.

Don't forget, without the PMSC blessing, we are in the same boat as the Easties. Looking for a club to shoot at.

So PMSC does not allow Full-Auto?

(Westmoreland County)

Full auto is only allowed with prior membership approval. We have allowed full auto demonstrations for things like the Boy Scout Jamboree and our 75th anniversary party. But for an everyday thing, no full auto.

SteveD

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BearTitan View Post
    John,

No Problemo and I won't pursue it any further. Just one question "How Pratel Is There Any Negative Attention generated by a Full Auto Demo???

Fact of the matter is that in the near years to come just about all ranges in suburban locales are going to mandate the use of sound suppressors, the same were that were looked upon just a decade ago as a Negative Item. And are now seen more and more by the general Shooting Public.

I often haunts me that a Benchrest Shooter might expend 200-300 Rds in a range outing. And he is looked upon as a Firearms Enthusiast,but the fellow who wants to dump 4 30 Rd. Mags FA is an Over The Edge Downright Dangerous Person

Remember The Paranoia Will Consume Ya.
    John McCaw
    FFL/SOT2
    JCD Tactical LE Sales
    White Oak, PA 15131-2104
    412 980-1233

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by John@JCDLESales View Post
    No Problemo and I won't pursue it any further. Just one question "How Pratel Is There Any Negative Attention generated by a Full Auto Demo???
    I think it's more about the location than anything. PMSC is in a fairly populated area. I think they would prefer to keep it low key and controlled to keep peace with locals and the Township.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Westmoreland County)

While it would be cool to see some full auto and Id love some day to try it I can see where the club is coming from. Seeing as its an uphill battle anyway with ranges, I would hate to risk my club to have full auto there even if it is legal and within our rights.

Dang it all though if it wouldn't have been cool to actually see you rip some off though John. oh well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast