Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Wikipedia, the propagandists dream

I happened to surf into Wikipedia. I was researching the beginning of the Shall Issue reform in PA. I was shocked to find this little tid-bit.

Right-To-Carry Law Type: Shall Issue An individual who is 21 years of age or older may apply for a license to carry firearms by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to the sheriff of the county in which they reside or if a resident of a city of the first class, with the chief of police of that city along with the required fee. If the PICS check is approved and the subject is of good character, the sheriff may issue a License to Carry Firearms. The issuance of a License to Carry Firearms allows individuals to carry a firearm concealed on or about their person, or in a vehicle throughout this Commonwealth. The license is valid for a period of five (5) years unless sooner revoked.

A "city of the first class" (Philadelphia is the only such city in Pennsylvania) is exempt from the "shall issue" requirement and its police chief is granted "may issue" discretionary authority to deny permit issuance under the 1989 "shall issue" law. Nonetheless, all Pennsylvania CCW permits are valid in Philadelphia.

NOTE: A license to carry firearms is NOT a license to purchase. Individuals who purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer are required to have a background check conducted regardless of whether they have a license to carry firearms or not.

Pennsylvania HB 760 is requiring gun registration. The exceptions would be for law enforcement, and guns not in working order.

HOUSE BILL No. 760 Session of 2007

Needless to say I posted a corrected version, however I am sure that in no time at all it will revert to this misinformation .
    Ruger P345 (45ACP)
    Colt Trooper (.357 Mag)
    CZ 40 P (40S&W)
    CZ 100 (9 MM)
    TZ 75 (9MM)
    Bersa Thunder 380 (.380)
    Ruger Mark II (.22)
    Heritage Arms Rough Rider (.22)
    (2)Phoenix Arms HP22 (.22)

(Allegheny County)

Angry Re: Wikipedia, the propagandists dream

Soooo... WHEN'S our next opportunity, to put Ed Rendell, cronies, et.al., in the UNemployment line in Philadelphia county? CAN'T be soon ENOUGH!!!

Bob