Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun ban

Default Gun ban

Talking with owner at gun shop and he was saying there is a rumor about a ban on all imported firearms. Going to be instituted as soon as the new Nation takes order. Stopping all foreign manufacturers from selling within the USA.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gun ban

Unless you have facts, rumors don't fly for me. Besides, Obama will have his hands full for the next year with the war, economy, and everything else GWB f'd up. I highly doubt Obama will have any time to attack gun owners the day after his coronation or the following week or for the next year.
    Last edited by dlclarkii; January 18th, 2009 at 12:08 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkii View Post
    Unless you have facts, rumors don't fly for me.
    What he said.

(Philadelphia County)

Sounds wrong to me. If anything, Obama wants to strengthen our relations with foreign nations, and by stopping import of their goods, he's really not going to accomplish "repairing our standing" in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    Talking with owner at gun shop and he was saying there is a rumor about a ban on all imported firearms. Going to be instituted as soon as the new Nation takes order. Stopping all foreign manufacturers from selling within the USA.
    That may very well go along with this little piece of info....

Para USA, Inc. to Locate New Headquarters in North Carolina

Charlotte, N.C. - Para, the innovator of fine firearms from the original high capacity 1911-style pistol to the Light Double-Action (LDA™) trigger system and the Power Extractor™ announced today plans to consolidate its manufacturing, assembly and warehousing in the Charlotte, North Carolina area.

Renovations are underway at the facility that will house Para USA, Inc. in Charlotte, North Carolina and are expected to be completed in November 2008. All existing orders and early 2009 orders will be processed through existing channels.

The consolidation process will be phased into North Carolina to keep a continuous supply of the Para firearms going to Para's extensive network of distributors and dealers through the transition period.

The first phase of production will start in 2008 with the assembly of the new Expert™ Series of firearms.

One of the first pistols to be assembled in Para's Charlotte location will be the new "GI Expert" 1911 pistol. The Para "GI Expert" is an entry level 1911 pistol that will allow new marksmen to own a pistol that will give them what they need to become an Expert shot with the big bore .45.

The second phase of production at the Charlotte manufacturing facility is expected to get underway in January 2009. It will allow Para USA to deliver the first of it new Expert™ rifles.

The new Para Tactical Target Rifle is the rifle that makes everyone the best shot they can be. The Para Tactical Target Rifle, with its remarkable DIGS™ operation, substantially enhances accuracy by destroying recoil and allowing you to quickly and easily make repeated hits on your target.

By June 1, 2009, the final phase of the consolidation will be completed and all manufacturing, assembly and distribution of Para firearms will be done from Charlotte, North Carolina.

Para’s industry-leading customer service for all Para USA firearms will remain at their Tennessee Customer Service Center through the transition period or until further notice.

The transition to the Charlotte, N.C. headquarters of Para USA, Inc. should be seamless for all of its clients with the only noticeable change being the new address on stationary and a new telephone number to contact Para USA.

Once staffing is completed in Charlotte, N.C. consumers, dealers and distributors will be notified of the new address and phone numbers for Para USA.

(Bucks County)

Maybe this will be his way of creating the "3 million jobs" he keeps talking about
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dlclarkii View Post
    Unless you have facts, rumors don't fly for me. Besides, Obama will have his hands full for the next year with the war, economy, and everything else GWB f'd up. I highly doubt Obama will have any time to attack gun owners the day after his coronation or the following week or for the next year.
    Agreed. There is a rumor that there are space aliens around. I haven't seen them yet.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

And Elvis is working at Taco Bell in Lubbock Texas...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Agreed. There is a rumor that there are space aliens around. I haven't seen them yet.
    You haven't? I am at the range all the time.

(Beaver County)

Besides, Obama will have his hands full for the next year with the war, economy, and everything else GWB f'd up. I highly doubt Obama will have any time to attack gun owners the day after his coronation or the following week or for the next year.
    Of course, this assumes that Obama would have to expend some time and/or effort to effect a ban. The reality is, all he'll have to do is sign the bill that's placed before him. If it takes more than a few seconds, I'll be surprised.

I don't know why people think the president has to spend any time, at all, in the generation of new legislation. Indeed, he does not. Obama can institute a law banning anything, with the stroke of a pen. It's Congress that has to do all the legwork, and they've got the resources and the votes.

Maybe it is a rumor, but don't believe, for an instant, that Obama is "too busy" to sign a bill that he favors. He can enact a law faster than you can swipe your debit card to buy a new EBR.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast