Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG HOW RUDE!!!

(Lebanon County)

Default OMG HOW RUDE!!!

So the house phone rings...for the most part no one really calls that line; we just have it for our ISP.

Anyway, this woman knows my name and just starts talking to me like we're friends. She said she got my name and number from XXXX XXXX (name I did not recognize) and that they were talking and how she thought I might be able to help her out (hence why she gave out my number??). She just keeps rambling on about how she shows a product and just gets paid to show it, I don't have to buy anything and I stop her there and I'm like "um..you got my number from WHO???" She gave me the name again and I still didn't recognize it. She tried to go right back to her "pitch" and I interrupted her and said "um no. I think I'm going to go and ask that you do not call me again. The name you gave me is not ringing a bell and I am not comfortable with someone giving out my info anyway without asking me first."

WTF? WHO DOES THAT???!!! I mean, who makes cold calls like that and assuming I do know this person and I'm just too tired to remember or they are just not worth remembering WHO IN THE HELL gives out people's personal info like that??? WTF?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: OMG HOW RUDE!!!

When the telemarketers call I put my 3 year old on the phone... she loves to tell everyone all about tinkerbell, peter pan, Sponge Bob etc. Usually they hang up within a minute or 2.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    When the telemarketers call I put my 3 year old on the phone... she loves to tell everyone all about tinkerbell, peter pan, Sponge Bob etc. Usually they hang up within a minute or 2.
    I did that until they started using inappropriate language in their anger. I tend to act like I'm drunk and just hassle them *IF* they don't go away after being asked. I know they're just doing their jobs so I give them one freebie. After that out comes the "what are you wearing?" type questions.

(Susquehanna County)

Just tell them they get one question and then you get to answer with a question

Question 1 You ask what color underwear their wearing ?

Question 2 When was the last time you had sex ?

If you get to question Three it was the sex with a person of the same gender as you ?

I could not possibly do anything as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

I usually start sing "Happy Birthday," or I start taking their order for pizza.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I could not possibly do anything as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI
    Yep , that was the best I ever heard .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Allegheny County)

Every night when I get home my answering machine is lit with five or six messages. Problem is there are no messages and caller ID is full of 1-800 numbers and private numbers. I'm on the do not all list, state and federal.

Monday I turned off the machine.

Jan 2nd 2010 the phone number is getting disconnected and the new number goes unlisted. I've had it with these assholes. Anyone who knows me can call my cell or work if they want to talk to me.

(Lehigh County)

Sometimes I ask them for their home number and address. When they ask what I want it for, I tell them I want to come over to their house to discuss the pros and cons of what ever product they are trying to sell me. They usually hang up and don't call back.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Here's a neat, free program I have used for years called Phone Tray.

You can set it to ZAP telemarketers and other unwanted calls. It works best with a voice modem (so you can choose a ZAP message for the caller to hear) but works well with just a data modem.

You need caller ID from the phone co. for it to work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast