Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range Tool

(Berks County)

Default Range Tool

I am realizing that I need some basic tools when I go to the range. Tool should be able to :

Adjust pistol sights (generally small hex wrench like 1.2mm and 2.0mm etc..)
    Adjust Front Sight on AR
    Basic screwdriver functions
    Adjust scope
    What else do you use or need it for?

I have room in my bag so I don't need micro mini tools. Just good overall device to do basic chores at the range and keep me running.

I've seen these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Real-Avid-Gun-...8X7ET8Q62D5AJR
    http://www.amazon.com/Real-Avid-Tool...rds=range+tool

I'm impartial but looking for advice as my heart is not set on anything. Thoughts?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Range Tool

Range tool, isn't it that guy no matter what you are shooting his is cooler, better, cheaper, more expensive, blacker, premium than yours?

It's rare I need more than my leatherman at the range. If there is something new like a scope mount or site it I just bring what I need that day.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

I have the Range Tool Plus and this one: http://www.realavid.com/the-pistol-tool-304.html

I take one or both depending on what guns I have that day. Better to have and not need etc.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    I am realizing that I need some basic tools when I go to the range. Tool should be able to :

Adjust pistol sights (generally small hex wrench like 1.2mm and 2.0mm etc..)
    Adjust Front Sight on AR
    Basic screwdriver functions
    Adjust scope
    What else do you use or need it for?

I have room in my bag so I don't need micro mini tools. Just good overall device to do basic chores at the range and keep me running.

I've seen these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Real-Avid-Gun-...8X7ET8Q62D5AJR
    http://www.amazon.com/Real-Avid-Tool...rds=range+tool

You need the "Handi-Racker".

According to the marketing materials, it's more fun, less work, high density, tough as nails, and only $29.99 +S&H.

And it's like "power steering" for your gun...(what are those marketing guys going to think up next?)

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/03/...-auto-pistols/

HandiRacker.jpg

Grimes, IA – Handi-Racker is one effortless way to rack the slide on most any semi-auto pistol.

Yes, most of us can rack a slide with our hands. But for those with arthritis, weak or small hands, or who may be disabled (even missing an appendage), slide operation can be difficult or impossible! Handi-Racker makes these problems disappear.

Simply place the Handi-Racker atop the slide and place the front of the Handi-Racker against any firm surface and push the pistol forward and the slide is effortlessly functioned.

The Handi-Racker also makes it effortless to clear a hard-stuck jam, and when disassembling or reassembling, Handi-Racker makes it easy to hold the slide rearward while removing or replacing pins and/or levers. And of course, it makes it easier to lock a slide back on a heavy spring pistol.

CNC machined from an extruded block of high-density, tough-as-nails pistol finish-protecting polyethylene, the patented Handi-Racker is designed for many years of hard use. Handi-Racker comes in two sizes that fit 90 percent of the most popular semi-automatics currently manufactured. Pick the one you need at www.handiracker.com. (Note: The popular Beretta 92 series requires a separate model due to its exposed barrel construction.)

Handi-Racker CEO Chris McAnich says, “Look at it this way – you probably have power steering in your car, so think of the Handi-Racker as power steering for pistols; less work, more fun.”

Specifications:
    •Material: High-density polyethylene
    •Functions: Loading, locking slide to the rear, clearing jams, disassembly/reassembly.
    •MSRP: $29.99
    - bamboomaster

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Range tool, isn't it that guy no matter what you are shooting his is cooler, better, cheaper, more expensive, blacker, premium than yours?

Great minds think alike!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    You need the "Handi-Racker".

According to the marketing materials, it's more fun, less work, high density, tough as nails, and only $29.99 +S&H.

And it's like "power steering" for your gun...(what are those marketing guys going to think up next?)

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/03/...-auto-pistols/

HandiRacker.jpg

Grimes, IA – Handi-Racker is one effortless way to rack the slide on most any semi-auto pistol.

Yes, most of us can rack a slide with our hands. But for those with arthritis, weak or small hands, or who may be disabled (even missing an appendage), slide operation can be difficult or impossible! Handi-Racker makes these problems disappear.

Simply place the Handi-Racker atop the slide and place the front of the Handi-Racker against any firm surface and push the pistol forward and the slide is effortlessly functioned.

The Handi-Racker also makes it effortless to clear a hard-stuck jam, and when disassembling or reassembling, Handi-Racker makes it easy to hold the slide rearward while removing or replacing pins and/or levers. And of course, it makes it easier to lock a slide back on a heavy spring pistol.

CNC machined from an extruded block of high-density, tough-as-nails pistol finish-protecting polyethylene, the patented Handi-Racker is designed for many years of hard use. Handi-Racker comes in two sizes that fit 90 percent of the most popular semi-automatics currently manufactured. Pick the one you need at www.handiracker.com. (Note: The popular Beretta 92 series requires a separate model due to its exposed barrel construction.)

Handi-Racker CEO Chris McAnich says, “Look at it this way – you probably have power steering in your car, so think of the Handi-Racker as power steering for pistols; less work, more fun.”

Specifications:
    •Material: High-density polyethylene
    •Functions: Loading, locking slide to the rear, clearing jams, disassembly/reassembly.
    •MSRP: $29.99

If I needed that I would carry a revolver.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Berks County)

You all are a piece of work but yet very helpful ha ha!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    It's rare I need more than my leatherman at the range.
    Leatherman PST II
    Torx and/or Allen bits to remove grip screws
    CLP
    Small cleaning kit, plus patches, Q-tips, toothpicks
    Extra Series 80 springs (those b@$%@rds are really small)
    Eyes
    Ears
    Range mags
    Ammo

Sooo, not much for tools...

(Delaware County)

il throw a gerber tool in my bag if i plan on needing it. the AR front site tool is called a 5.56 round. i carry a bunch whenever i shoot it.
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I blame New Jersey for putting itself above the Constitution

(Monroe County)

Only time I messed with my Ar front site was to get my 1000 yard elevation set. I'd have to check my dope book but I think it was 4 full turns down and still came up 32 on the rear with half min sights.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast