Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Question handgun rentals in the lehigh valley?

Do any of you know if there are any places here in the Lehigh Valley that allow you to rent handguns? The reason why I ask is that I'm going to be getting my first handgun soon. I want to handle and fire a few different 9mm semi-autos so that I can find the one that's right for me. Do any of you guys know if there is a place around here that does rentals?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: handgun rentals in the lehigh valley?

The Firing Line on Rt. 145 north of Whitehall rents handguns, though I haven't been there in a while. You'll hear differing reports about them, but the general consensus is that people love it there until they get bitched out by the staff for not shooting 100% perfectly on each and every shot they fire.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lehigh County)

The Firing Line is where I would recommend also. It is true that if you shoot badly, you will be told about it. If you correct you bad habbits, you get to stay. If you continue to shoot badly, you will be asked to leave for the day.

The above sounds harsh but this is the type of stuff that keeps everyone on the lanes safe. I just got back from there about an hour and a half ago and a couple people on the range were put on notice. I do go twice a week. BTW, the first time I went there, I was told what I was doing wrong, it was recommended how get better. I followed the advice and now I am shooting much better that I listened instead of getting mad that I was told about poor shooting skills.

They do have a nice assortment of both revolvers and semis. You are also welcome to shoot any of mine when I am there. Unfortunately you would need to rent your own lane and provide you own ammo and targets.
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you. -Andrew Wilkow

(Monroe County)

A 30 minute ride will get you to Pocono Pistol in Stroudsburg where I believe they rent. The range at Shimersville on rt 100 might rent also.

(Northampton County)

Tell me when you are going to FL and I will meet you there. Me and my buddy shoot MGs there. He's hit the target holder so many times over the years they don't even bother us anymore LOL. You will be held to more reasonable standards, like you have to hit the target. They are very reasonable dealing with new shooters, ESPECIALLY on the weekend. If you start hitting the range instead of the targets they will help you. At that point, if you don't do what they say, well, that's on you. If your bullets go in the target you don't have to worry about any of that.

You can rent a handgun but you can also shoot a couple of my MGs for free. PM me because I don't check the forum that often. You can shoot my Glock. If my buddy comes, he has all kinds of handguns. But that's up to him.

(Northampton County)

I met xxthe_beastxx there today and, well, he's better than me

I brought something a little exotic and he was a natural. Which is surprising considering he's a big handgun guy. He out-shot everybody else on the range with my stuff, no comparison. Except for me, of course

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for the big build up but I think we can chalk that up to beginners luck and a great teacher. You told me what to do and I duplicated it. Following directions apparently comes natural for me.

Thanks for a really fun time at the range today.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    The Firing Line on Rt. 145 north of Whitehall rents handguns, though I haven't been there in a while. You'll hear differing reports about them, but the general consensus is that people love it there until they get bitched out by the staff for not shooting 100% perfectly on each and every shot they fire.
    How old do you have to be to rent handguns there? Do you have to be 18 or 21? The reason why I ask is that I'm 18 and I don't want to drive to Whitehall only to find out that I can't rent.

Quote Originally Posted by xxthe_beastxx View Post
    The Firing Line is where I would recommend also. It is true that if you shoot badly, you will be told about it. If you correct you bad habbits, you get to stay. If you continue to shoot badly, you will be asked to leave for the day.

The above sounds harsh but this is the type of stuff that keeps everyone on the lanes safe. I just got back from there about an hour and a half ago and a couple people on the range were put on notice. I do go twice a week. BTW, the first time I went there, I was told what I was doing wrong, it was recommended how get better. I followed the advice and now I am shooting much better that I listened instead of getting mad that I was told about poor shooting skills.

They do have a nice assortment of both revolvers and semis. You are also welcome to shoot any of mine when I am there. Unfortunately you would need to rent your own lane and provide you own ammo and targets.
    How much does it cost to rent a lane and a handgun at FL? If it's a reasonable rate, then I might go.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Tell me when you are going to FL and I will meet you there. Me and my buddy shoot MGs there. He's hit the target holder so many times over the years they don't even bother us anymore LOL. You will be held to more reasonable standards, like you have to hit the target. They are very reasonable dealing with new shooters, ESPECIALLY on the weekend. If you start hitting the range instead of the targets they will help you. At that point, if you don't do what they say, well, that's on you. If your bullets go in the target you don't have to worry about any of that.

You can rent a handgun but you can also shoot a couple of my MGs for free. PM me because I don't check the forum that often. You can shoot my Glock. If my buddy comes, he has all kinds of handguns. But that's up to him.
    Thanks, that's really generous of you.

(Lehigh County)

PM inbound about a trip to the Firing Line tomorrow. Looks like Ungawa and myself will both be there.

Hope to see you there.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by xxthe_beastxx View Post
    PM inbound about a trip to the Firing Line tomorrow. Looks like Ungawa and myself will both be there.

Hope to see you there.
    What time were you guys planning on heading over there? I was thinking about a trip over there sometime in the afternoon. I haven't met up with any members to shoot and it sounds like it would be pretty cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast