Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Not all soccer moms are afraid of guns

Just thought I'd pass along an amusing (at least to me) anecdote of my conversation w/ one of the moms on my daughter's soccer team.

My daughters have been hounding me to allow them to have a sleep over w/ some of their friends. Mom works this weekend and I have nothing major planned so we scheduled it for tonight. Last night while at soccer practice I was talking to the mom of one of the girls that was invited and we were sharing stories about where we live and the animals that we each catch on the trail cameras that I and her husband each have in our back yards.

The conversation turned to our coyote population and we each discussed our apprehension about letting the girls play alone in the woods. Without thinking about it, I mentioned the episode that my girls and I had last October in our driveway where I had to pull my carry piece on two dogs. Immediately after I stated "...luckily the dogs ran away when I pulled out my pistol, so I didn't have to shoot them." I thought to myself "Crap! Now she isn't going to let her daughter come over."

Much to my surprise, it didn't bother her one bit. It was obvious that the comment registered with her, but it didn't raise an eyebrow. How awesome is that?!! The girls are in watching a movie and eating pizza, etc. and giggling and having fun.

Kinda restores my faith in humanity a little bit.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Not all soccer moms are afraid of guns

Sweet! I never understood why someone would be afraid of a gun, but knowing you have one probably makes her feel better about having her daughter over there in respect to the yote problems...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    Sweet! I never understood why someone would be afraid of a gun, but knowing you have one probably makes her feel better about having her daughter over there in respect to the yote problems...

-Chaz
    My wife "was" one of those women who didn't like hand guns one bit but after all the current crime sprees closing in she decided to buy a 38+s herself and join the shooting range with me. She never leaves the house without it anymore and although I try to convince her that carrying concealed on her waste is better then putting it in her purse is she not ready for that yet..........so she says.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post

-Chaz
    most people are afraid of stuff they've never done (shoot a gun) or never been around (guns) during their life.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

That's awesome! It is refreshing to hear that she just breezed right by that with no issue.

(Delaware County)

She probably feels the same way...

Frankly, if you're having a conversation with someone and you mention guns like that, and they don't even flinch, it's because they are pro-gun. Be good friends with them.
    Junior