Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 'Caught' not carrying a gun!

I just thought I'd share weird and amusing story that just happened to me. A few weeks ago, my gf (who I live with) decided to visit her friend.
    My gf has told me that her friend and her husband are very liberal, and do not like guns AT ALL. So, to keep the peace, I agreed to leave the Sig Sauer in the car, locked, when we visit their house.
    The visit went well, very friendly as ussual. But then, just yesterday, my gf told me that there's something that she needed to tell me. She said that her friend (who she works with) came to her and asked her if I carry a gun. I was shocked when heard this, b/c I am careful not to let other know about my sidearm that is always with me. My gf told me that her friend's husband, during our visit, thought he saw something that looked like a holster on my belt when I bent over. I was appalled and suspicious at this claim, since I stored my sidearm and the pocket holster in the car.
    My gf said her friend and her husband didn't know what to say or do, and they were very uncomfortable about that.
    Then it occured to me that my mini-mag flashlight's pouch that I wear at 5 o'clock sticks out from underneath my shirt. That's what our friend's husband saw when i bent over, the pouch for my flashlight!
    Unfortunately, my gf had to 'come clean' with her friend and tell her that I do in fact carry, but that I had made a point to leave it in the car out of respect of their home. Now I am told that the friend and husband are 'talking about it' to determine how they feel about me carrying at their home. I told my gf that frankly I don't care what they decide: it's their home and their rules. (but, it's also my choice when and whether I visit their home).
    I still am quite amused and also a little disconcerted that I was put on the spot for NOT CARRYING my sidearm.
    I have even more respect for the open-carriers here. The amount of persecution and bs they must have to go through has to be sickening.
    I do find myself a little offended, if that's the right word, that freinds of ours would be passing that sort of judgement on things they don't even know about (it was a flashlight, for pete's sake!)
    Just thought I'd share this odd story. Any thoughts or comments would be nice.

(Centre County)

Default Re: 'Caught' not carrying a gun!

Just sickening. How dare you permit yourself to be defenseless just to be amongst the sheeple?

Also, I dare you to ask the husband if he'd like to go to a range and shoot. You may get a convert, you never know...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bricktop View Post
    Just sickening. How dare you permit yourself to be defenseless just to be amongst the sheeple?

Also, I dare you to ask the husband if he'd like to go to a range and shoot. You may get a convert, you never know...
    I too stay completely covert however whenever I hear someone spouting anti stuff, I always ask "Have you ever shot?" and follow it with "you should go with me sometime....it's fun".
    It usually raises their curiosity, at least, and best guess 50% do choose to go and ALL that do.....like it.
    Fear of the unknown can be quite paralyzing.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bricktop View Post
    That actually works! I've converted many people that way, including my wife!

(Lawrence County)

Yep, a gallon of water with a little food dye in it will turn an anti into a gun nut faster than anything that could ever come out of your mouth... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    Yep, a gallon of water with a little food dye in it will turn an anti into a gun nut faster than anything that could ever come out of your mouth... lol

-Chaz
    Yeah, because if they're liberal, they might also be vegetarian, and so a stop by the fruit stand for melons to shoot might just turn them off.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Westmoreland County)

I dont get people lol draw your flashlight in their home and flash them to death
    S&W M&P40c, Sig P238 SAS-.380, Ruger mkIII .22, Thinking about a new sig 938.....

(Lackawanna County)

I have friends who don't get gun ownership. I have friends who hate guns, for no real reason. That's what friendship is. You forgive each other's differences, and get along. But, if my boyfriend's friends ever gave us shit because they knew I carried a gun, I would tell them, in no uncertain terms, to go take a flying fuck off of a building.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    My gf said her friend and her husband didn't know what to say or do, and they were very uncomfortable about that.

Now I am told that the friend and husband are 'talking about it' to determine how they feel about me carrying at their home. I
    I can just imagine this poor sap, all he wants is to sit there, play videogames and drink a beer after a long day at work... while his psychopathic wife constantly blabbers to him about their feelings over non-issues that relate to other people.

Dude.. if its such a problem... just don't go to their house.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Put duck tape over the cap on the gallon jug of water with a little food dye in it to get a much better display. It just looks great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast