Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default One Removed From Our Ranks

This guy is one of the very few who will give us LTCF holders a bad name. I'm glad they caught him.

The story link.

The story:
    WEST CHESTER — What Kyle Gauger wanted was to help out a fellow motorist who had gotten stuck in the snow on a busy Charlestown Road during a rush-hour storm. What he got was a lesson in fear.

The Montgomery County man told state police that when he stopped his car to help, a driver pulled alongside him and angrily began cursing and yelling at him because he had tied up traffic.

"I'll put a bullet in your head," Gauger, who lives in the Collegeville area, told state police Trooper Shauntai Hall the other driver said to him. When the man, who he did not know, began reaching for something in his car, Gauger drove away, afraid of what might happen.

But the encounter was not over.

On Thursday, Christopher John Wright, 49, of Schuylkill, pleaded no contest to a summary charge of harassment for threatening and verbally abusing Gauger during the incident. He did not admit to the description of events laid out by the prosecution in the hearing, but alongside his attorney, Robert Donatoni of West Chester, agreed that he had engaged in a "verbal confrontation" with Gauger that served no "legitimate purpose."

Wright, a floor installer for a Malvern construction company, will be on probation for 90 days as part of the plea agreement worked out between Donatoni and the prosecutor in the case, Assistant District Attorney Bonnie Cox-Shaw.

As part of the conditions of his plea, Wright will have to complete an anger-management course. He will also have to surrender his permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Wright said little during the brief hearing at which Judge Howard F. Riley Jr. accepted his no contest plea, responding to the judge's questions with simple "yes" or "no" answers.

According to a criminal complaint filed by Hall in the matter, he had been more vocal during his encounter with Gauger.

The incident occurred Jan. 19 about 5:20 p.m., according to the affidavit. Gauger called police from his car and said another motorist was threatening him.

Gauger had been in traffic on White Horse Road in Charlestown when he saw a Mercedes alongside the road stuck in the snow. He pulled over to help, and as he did so, a black Toyota Tacoma pickup truck pulled alongside him. The male driver inside "began to curse and yell at him," then threatened his life with the comment about shooting him in the head, the affidavit states.

When the driver began reaching for something behind his seat, Gauger became scared and drove away. The man in the Toyota, however, followed him and as traffic again came to stop because of the snowy conditions on the road, the Toyota driver got out of his truck and approached Gauger, sitting in his car.

Hall said Gauger told him the man again began arguing with him, and that he could see what appeared to be a gun holster on his side. Gauger called 911, and told the man he was on the phone with police. Gauger said the man got back in his truck and left the scene, but not before Gauger got his license plate number.

Gauger met Hall at the Schuylkill Police Station. Hall was able to trace the car to a Malvern construction company and went to the business the next day, where he was told the truck was assigned to Wright. When he interviewed him, Wright told Hall he had been involved in an altercation the day before, but denied threatening the other driver.

He admitted, however, that he did have a firearm in the car with him that day, for which he had a valid concealed weapons permit.

Wright was initially charged with misdemeanor counts of terroristic threats and simple assault. Those charges were withdrawn by the prosecution as part of the plea bargain.

As part of his sentence, Wright is forbidden from having any contact with Gauger, who was not in the courtroom at the time of the plea.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

Default Re: One Removed From Our Ranks

Glad they caught that moron.

Would be nice if the media could call the license by its proper name, though. Rarely have I ever seen this

(Delaware County)

Anger issues and threatens to kill over traffic offense?

We often agree, LTCF isn't for everyone!!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(York County)

I don't see the part where he was charged with anything that now prohibits him from going and getting another LTCF as soon as his 90 probation is up. Did I miss something?
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    I don't see the part where he was charged with anything that now prohibits him from going and getting another LTCF as soon as his 90 probation is up. Did I miss something?
    Well, the sheriff could probably still deny him with:

18 Pa.C.S. § 6109: Licenses

<snip>

(d) Sheriff to conduct investigation.--The sheriff to whom the application is made shall:
    (1) investigate the applicant's record of criminal conviction;
    (2) investigate whether or not the applicant is under indictment for or has ever been convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment exceeding one year;
    (3) investigate whether the applicant's character and reputation are such that the applicant will not be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety;

(York County)

The Sherrif could revoke him and that would be bullshit. The guy lost his temper and granted he was acting like a complete ass; but does that mean he should no longer be allowed to carry and defend himslef?

I've heard people on this board shout from the roof tops that convicted rapists and murderers should get there 2a rights back after being released. IMO so should this guy, once his probation is up he has payed his debt to society. I know no one said he is losing his RKBA, but its tantamount to the same thing.
    3%

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    The Sherrif could revoke him and that would be bullshit. The guy lost his temper and granted he was acting like a complete ass; but does that mean he should no longer be allowed to carry and defend himslef?

I've heard people on this board shout from the roof tops that convicted rapists and murderers should get there 2a rights back after being released. IMO so should this guy, once his probation is up he has payed his debt to society. I know no one said he is losing his RKBA, but its tantamount to the same thing.

And you don't think threatening to kill someone because you were stuck behind them in traffic shows any type of mental instability.... Seriously? He is obviously unstable... Mentally stable people don't lash out like that... I think its BS that hes back on the streets so fast... His actions show he is not capable of safely carrying a firearm. But that's just my 2 cents.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LilEMT View Post
    And you don't think threatening to kill someone because you were stuck behind them in traffic shows any type of mental instability.... Seriously? He is obviously unstable... Mentally stable people don't lash out like that... I think its BS that hes back on the streets so fast... His actions show he is not capable of safely carrying a firearm. But that's just my 2 cents.

So why not take way his Dl as well. I mean if he's that unstable that he cannot have a firearm, then he should obviouly not be allowed to have a car either, as many more people are injured or killed by motor vehicle accidents than firearms each year. Lets take away his right to vote as well, or his right to free speech. Both of which in the hands of the mentally unstable could lead to have disaterous results.

Anybody can havea bad day, anybody can fly off the handle and say things they may or not mean. I think the guy was acting like an ass but why punish him for life? Killers rarely get life.
    3%

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    So why not take way his Dl as well. I mean if he's that unstable that he cannot have a firearm, then he should obviouly not be allowed to have a car either, as many more people are injured or killed by motor vehicle accidents than firearms each year. Lets take away his right to vote as well, or his right to free speech. Both of which in the hands of the mentally unstable could lead to have disaterous results.

Anybody can havea bad day, anybody can fly off the handle and say things they may or not mean. I think the guy was acting like an ass but why punish him for life? Killers rarely get life.
    Good point... I guess is a little premature. But what bothers me is after telling the man he is going to kill him he began reaching for something, Logic would say it was his weapon, but there was no witness. So I guess that was an unfair assumption. I can tell you however that I have never told a stranger I will put a bullet in their head when they annoy me. Have you?
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LilEMT View Post
    Good point... I guess is a little premature. But what bothers me is after telling the man he is going to kill him he began reaching for something, Logic would say it was his weapon, but there was no witness. So I guess that was an unfair assumption. I can tell you however that I have never told a stranger I will put a bullet in their head when they annoy me. Have you?

Boldes ections are mine.

1. Thats all I was getting at. We cannot assume anything in these cases.
    2. No, of course not. But then again I'm not an asshole, well I guess depends on who you ask.

Dave W
    3%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast