Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default XD vs. 90two vs. Px4 Storm

I'm about to loose my mind. I had posted a few months ago and thought I had decided on getting the Walther. Well, I am working with a tighter budget now and have narrowed it down to these three. (one reason I ruled out the Walther is because no one has one for me to hold) only the PPS (which wasnt too bad of a firearm by the feels of it)

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts. I like the way that the XD had the dedocker rather than a hammer in the back (I like that look) and they all feel pretty good to me.

Thanks in advance for any advice. The Peoples Republic of NJ will be issuing me my handgun credits later this month and I am rearing to get me a gun!!

Thanks,

Leon

(Chester County)

Default Re: XD vs. 90two vs. Px4 Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Leoncico054 View Post
    I'm about to loose my mind. I had posted a few months ago and thought I had decided on getting the Walther. Well, I am working with a tighter budget now and have narrowed it down to these three. (one reason I ruled out the Walther is because no one has one for me to hold) only the PPS (which wasnt too bad of a firearm by the feels of it)

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts. I like the way that the XD had the dedocker rather than a hammer in the back (I like that look) and they all feel pretty good to me.

Thanks in advance for any advice. The Peoples Republic of NJ will be issuing me my handgun credits later this month and I am rearing to get me a gun!!

Thanks,

Leon
    Keep researching...the XD doesn't have a decocker.

(Butler County)

I would look at the XDm .40 S&W, it appears to have similar price as the 90two.
    I have not really seen the 90two until now... looks interesting.

Edit:
    I just researched the Beretta a little bit. I would definately go the XD or XDm route if I was choosing between those 3 options.
    Reason #1: the XDm magazine capacity is 16+1.
    Last edited by Twister; August 18th, 2008 at 08:07 PM.

look into the 90Two.

i have an XD and a few berettas, but in all honesty, the reason i say the 902 is because i am beretta Bias. ;-)

they are ALL great pistols though. so, the one that fits your hand the best, would be the best choice.
    This Space For Rent

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Keep researching...the XD doesn't have a decocker.
    Xd is a striker fired gun, correct? there is no cocking or decocking an XD.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Chester County)

id say research a bit more... but other than that i LOVE my px4 in .40, im not a fan of striker fired guns like xds and glocks just personal preference i guess. also the px4 feels great in the hand, not like the glock which feels like a brick

No decocker on the XD. The XD is single action, but it's not like a 1911 single action.

What caliber do you want? The XD45 you can get in the compact package with a shorter grip in 4" or 5". I have the 4" and it's a piece of cake to carry concealed. I like the grip safety of the XD.

I personally don't care for an DA/SA systems I've fired, that's the Beretta, Sigs, etc. I have yet to shoot the Px4.

The XDm is a bit pricey at the moment. The XD40 comes in the subcompact, the service, and tactical models. The 90two is probably the heaviest of the bunch.

If you're ever in the Lancaster/Harrisburg/Reading area, let me know, we'll hit the range and you can try out my XD.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Here are some answers to your questions.
    #1 this wont ever be carried (live in NJ) unless Im chasing someone out of my house.
    #2 I would prefer a 9mm. I have many rifles and shotguns and I feel that although a .40 has "stopping power" if I shoot a burgalar in the chest with a 9 or a 40 its gonna stop him pretty quick. Plus the ammo is cheaper.

#3. This will be for home defense and for fun at the range. I had initially picked out the Walther P99 but it is a little out of my price range, plus there are no local dealers that carry it so that I could feel it in my hand,

Thanks

Leon

(Butler County)

Oh.. btw, what the hell are the People's Republic of New Jersey Handgun credits?
    Is that just a funny way of saying payday? or am I missing something?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Leoncico054 View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Here are some answers to your questions.
    #1 this wont ever be carried (live in NJ) unless Im chasing someone out of my house.
    #2 I would prefer a 9mm. I have many rifles and shotguns and I feel that although a .40 has "stopping power" if I shoot a burgalar in the chest with a 9 or a 40 its gonna stop him pretty quick. Plus the ammo is cheaper.

#3. This will be for home defense and for fun at the range. I had initially picked out the Walther P99 but it is a little out of my price range, plus there are no local dealers that carry it so that I could feel it in my hand,

Thanks

Leon
    Keep researching....

You've proposed 3 totally different guns....DA/SA and striker fired, polymer framed/ metal framed, open top/ rotating barrel/ modified browning lockups...

You've given us no criteria to go by. No capacity, size, weight, price point, sight options, hand size, etc.

Given what we have laid out in front of us, we could recommend multiple models from any manufacturer....all you'll get is personal preference.

You need to give and request specifics if you want any input, other than just personal opinions about who likes X,Y or Z.

I'd spend some time looking up handgun wounding factors...hint, wink...and the idea of the 1 shot stop. There's a difference between the reality of pistol rounds interacting w/ living humans, and what Hollywood would have us believe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast