Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default what are people thinking....

what the hell are people thinking when they shop there? i have two by my office. one right next to, the other right accross the highway.

they even show you that you will pay DOUBLE what the already over priced item costs...

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!
    This Space For Rent

(Chester County)

Default Re: what are people thinking....

Basically they're places geared towards people that don't have a lot of money and/or good credit. Most of the time it's the only way that these people can afford some decent furniture. It's by no means right that they're being charged double, but places like rent a center have found how to make lots of money off people with little to no money.

(Monroe County)

LOL, I have been saying that for years. I had a neighbor that I was somewhat friendly with, he used to shop there all the time. I never understood it, he bought a computer one time. It was a piece of crap cheap computer and the sticker price was $1200. I think, than add the interest. And he could have bought twice the computer for 800-900 at any other place. He was proud of his purchase though, until I chewed him out for being stupid and told him he was sold a piece of junk that normally would have been half the price anywhere else. But, on the other side of the coin. People like to have things, and when someone will let you rent something that you normally could not afford, those people will not care what the end price is.

I have always been totally different, If I can't afford it I don't get it. I have never in my life had a car loan because of that reason, its just not worth it to me in the end. But that's just me.

(Centre County)

We use to have one in State College. I had actually done some work on the store managers car. I found it was a great place to pick stuff up cheap when the people couldn't afford it. I would have to agree though, anyone buying first hand from there has to be out of their mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Brandon

(Lebanon County)

That's a damn expensive way to afford something that you need but can't afford. It seems like a trap that once you get into, it's almpst impossible to get out of.
    The only way I would consider something like that is if I were living somewhere temporarily, such as a few months for a job assignment, education, or medical reason, and it wouldn't be practical to buy certain things, either new or used. There may be other temporary circumstances like waiting on an insurance payment to make permanent replacement of appliances damaged or ruined in a fire or other unfortunate event.
    Unfortunately for a lot of people that's the only way they know of or can legitimately get what (they think) they need right now.
    I'd like to think that I'd never rent or lease a car either, but there are circumstances that could make that a temporary necessity.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Centre County)

That place's sole function is to exploit morons who have no money and shitty credit. My sister loves that place and she's in a perpetual downward spiral. Whenever I try to set her straight, she just tells me to kiss her a$$.
    She probably has SafeAuto for her car insurance too.

(Montgomery County)

I wanted to copy family movies from a VHS tape. I wanted to make copies for my brother and sister. So I figured why buy the second VHS player for just one weekend?

They wanted to charge $50 for just the weekend. I went to Wal*Mart and bought one for $40.

(Lehigh County)

there is (no shit) one down the road from me that rents RIMS.

yes, now you too, can have your very own spinnin/ballin/pimpin rims for the very low cost of: $175 a month.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post

yes, now you too, can have your very own spinnin/ballin/pimpin rims for the very low cost of: $175 a month.

With as many cars as I wrecked when I was young, this would have been a good idea.

I used to have a pile of good tires and rims from cars I don't own anymore that don't fit anything else.

I should have just rented some bling :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post

when i lived in Kalifornia they had a store on every 3rd block that rented rims...

STUPID!!! if you cant pay cash, dont buy it! (exceptions apply obviously)
    This Space For Rent