Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas Ammo

(Bucks County)

Default Cabelas Ammo

Happy Memorial Day all.
    Quick question, was looking on Cabela's site for ammo and when I looked it said "backordered, expect 0-1 weeks, 1-2 weeks".
    The question is, does anyone know how good this estimate is or are they just trying to make you feel good about back-ordering the stuff and then it doesn’t show up for like 4-6 weeks.

Default Re: Cabelas Ammo

Good question. I called the 800 number and spoke with a nice woman who said the ammo was expected to come in on July 15th. Specifically, this was for the Wolf Ammo Tins, I don't know what other ammo you're talking about.

(Westmoreland County)

I've waited as long as 3 months. At least they let you order items that are backordered and honor the original purchase price. Natchez and others will not let you backorder and when it does come in, you pay the new more expensive price. In fact, Cabela's will not charge your card until it is ready to ship. Hope this helped.

(Bucks County)

Basically, I'm looking for any type FMJ target rounds in 9mm, .40SW, and .380 ACP. I've not been able to find anywhere in the Levittown area that has any, I've heard that Delaware valley sports center off Red Lion road has stuff and I'm going to try and stop in on the way home from work and see. If they do, I'll post and let everyone know.
    What really jerks my chain is that I picked up the .380 this weekend at the Kings Caterer show and I don't have a single round to put through it. I found a couple of boxes at the show, but they wanted like 40 some odd dollars a box. I refuse to pay that much.
    And yes, I'd like some cheese with that whine.

(Lehigh County)

Angry Re: Cabelas Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by mwndragon View Post
    Happy Memorial Day all.
    Quick question, was looking on Cabela's site for ammo and when I looked it said "backordered, expect 0-1 weeks, 1-2 weeks".
    The question is, does anyone know how good this estimate is or are they just trying to make you feel good about back-ordering the stuff and then it doesn’t show up for like 4-6 weeks.
    Do Not Beleive it when they say 0-1 week, I have been waiting since the first week of April and was told by customer service that it probably would not be until the end of July. I ordered 1000 rounds of American Eagle 9mm so that I could take a training course up at Firing Line in Whitehall and I am still waiting.
    TET 68 Survivor --- U. S. Navy 1963 - 1972

(York County)

Thats BS right there. I base this on the fact that I was there on Sunday and they did'nt have jack shit on the shelves. They had plenty of hunting ammo, and shotgun shells, but that was it. The guy even told me it would take a few weeks to get some snake shot shells for my 38spl, c'mon
    3%

Quote Originally Posted by Retired One View Post
    Do Not Beleive it when they say 0-1 week, I have been waiting since the first week of April and was told by customer service that it probably would not be until the end of July. I ordered 1000 rounds of American Eagle 9mm so that I could take a training course up at Firing Line in Whitehall and I am still waiting.

^^ basically what he said, I've been waiting for a month+ now for some .380 that was 0-1wk wait and I waited 3months+ for a 2-3week backorder on x39 wolf before finding it somewhere else and canceling.

(York County)

I ordered some 9mm and .223 from Cabelas on April 4th and it was saying a 1-2 week back order. Well, almost two months later, it is now saying 0-1 week back order.

(Bucks County)

I have a couple thousand rounds 9mm and .45 backordered through Cabelas. Said 2-3 weeks. Now (two weeks later), it's been bumped down to 1-2 weeks. I feel this is the only way to get a decent quantity and price on ammo anymore...

Triple points isn't bad either. Racked up some good store credit...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Burton View Post
    I have a couple thousand rounds 9mm and .45 backordered through Cabelas. Said 2-3 weeks. Now (two weeks later), it's been bumped down to 1-2 weeks. I feel this is the only way to get a decent quantity and price on ammo anymore...

Triple points isn't bad either. Racked up some good store credit...
    FYI...Check your bill carefully. I did not get the triple points and I had to call to complain and then I did get the points.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast