Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Saiga Stock Conversion Question

Last week, I purchased a Saiga, basically a Russian made sporterized version of the AK-47. It's a great rifle, but I was looking to maybe change out the Monte Carlo style stock on it for a combo pistol grip and retractable stock. I looked up several online and saw a number that looked pretty good. One was by Tromix and ran about $150, the other was Tapco and ran about $70. I'm wondering if anybody has used either of these products or has any other suggestions. I know a guy or two who could do the full-up conversion, which would include pulling the trigger, reboring a hole for it further forward, and installing a conventional pistol grip as well as a retractable stock, but its a bit more than my wife will let me spend without cutting me off for a month, so one of the kits it is. Anyways, I like the look and price of the Tapco kit, but a buddy of mine whose judgement I trust refers to Tapco alternately as Trashco and Crapco, so I wanted to get a little feedback. If anyone has some suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Saiga Stock Conversion Question

Both of these are Saigas. The top one has a Tapco stock on it that works just fine. To install it, you're also going to need a Tapco or other FCG and a pistol grip for it. I highly recommend converting them, the stock trigger sucks.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Saiga Stock Conversion Question

Quote Originally Posted by BRVTVS View Post
    Last week, I purchased a Saiga, basically a Russian made sporterized version of the AK-47. It's a great rifle, but I was looking to maybe change out the Monte Carlo style stock on it for a combo pistol grip and retractable stock. I looked up several online and saw a number that looked pretty good. One was by Tromix and ran about $150, the other was Tapco and ran about $70. I'm wondering if anybody has used either of these products or has any other suggestions. I know a guy or two who could do the full-up conversion, which would include pulling the trigger, reboring a hole for it further forward, and installing a conventional pistol grip as well as a retractable stock, but its a bit more than my wife will let me spend without cutting me off for a month, so one of the kits it is. Anyways, I like the look and price of the Tapco kit, but a buddy of mine whose judgement I trust refers to Tapco alternately as Trashco and Crapco, so I wanted to get a little feedback. If anyone has some suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Tromix isn't selling anything anymore. He is so booked up that he says on his website, that he isn't even selling parts anymore.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%