Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: tnonline.com

Default tnonline.com

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone wanted to check out the opinions section on tnonline.com. There was a person who wrote in about why gun violence should not be called gun violence. The second comment to the article insisted that there are automatic firearms in general public and are causing mass chaos. I commented and mine is the third comment. I am tired of the uniformed insisting that a class 3 item is easily obtainable such as going to Walmart to buy condoms. I am sure someone has more facts and info they can supply for the comments section if someone wants to do some educating. I added my thoughts to the whole safety culture crap that is going on, but the misinformation is really starting to piss me off. I do not understand why if a person is going to try to argue something, would not want to do some research and not look like an idiot before they argue their point. I guess maybe I am just extra grumpy this morning, but this is the first time in a long time I commented back in a public news page on something like that. Hopefully I did not look dumb with my post on there.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: tnonline.com

(Bucks County)

For the record, class 3 items should be available from Walmart.

(Erie County)

Walmart would need to get a class 3 SOT.

NFA items are title 2 weapons, sold and or transferred by class 3 SOT dealers, but not in all cases.

IANAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Thank you for posting the link. I did not think about doing that. I appreciate you all responding to this thread. I guess the rampant stupidity and lack of people to actually educate themselves is really irritating me lately.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    For the uber lazy!

Why call it gun violence?

tnonline.com/why-call-it-gun-violence

Dear Editor,

As usual, I am a bit confused. If a deranged person drives a car or truck into a crowd of people on a city street, and kills many pedestrians, is it called car violence? If that same person is intoxicated far beyond the legal limit, and kills many people, is it called alcohol violence? Again, if a hundred people die at a pyrotechnic rock concert gone bad, is it called fire violence?

Why then, if an insane person, kills 57 people with a gun or guns, is it called gun violence and immediately we need more “gun control legislation?” Perhaps we should concentrate more on the subject of morality, family values, and who knows, we could even discuss standing for the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag!

Sincerely,

Richard M. Gross

Lehighton
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

Another gem from the Sunbury Newspaper...

http://www.dailyitem.com/opinion/don...100e46721.html

Don't create another gun loophole
    Oct 28, 2017

Just weeks after the National Rifle Association and lawmakers seemed to finally be moving toward a potential baby step in gun control — banning bump stocks used in the Las Vegas massacre — politicians are once again pushing something called the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017. The bill, which has more than 200 co-sponsors in the House, including both Reps. Lou Barletta and Tom Marino, would allow a “qualified individual to carry concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms.”

Simply, any state currently issuing concealed carry permits would be required to honor permits issued by other states — even if those states have different eligibility or less stringent restrictions.

The act is the NRA’s “top legislative priority,” a spokesman for the NRA’s lobbying arm said.

Pennsylvania’s Josh Shapiro is wisely among a group of 17 state attorneys general — all Democrats — urging Congress to abandon the legislation. Pennsylvania, like many states in the union, already has reciprocity agreements with 18 states, including Virginia and West Virginia.

It is imperative lawmakers in Washington — despite a significant political push from powerful NRA lobbyists — do not allow concealed carry rules to default to the least restrictive of state laws. “Rather than creating a new national standard for who may carry concealed firearms, these bills would elevate the lowest state standard over higher ones and force some states to allow concealed carry by people who do not qualify under their laws,” the attorneys general wrote to Congress.

The state’s laws do nothing to infringe upon Second Amendment rights. Qualify to carry a concealed weapon, you can do it legally in the state where you received the license. You can also do so in any state with a reciprocity agreement.

The rest, however, are subject to statewide rules, as they should be.

The NRA’s Jennifer Baker said the current “patchwork of state and local laws” creates confusion that “often leads to law-abiding gun owners running afoul of the law when they exercise their right to self-protection while traveling or temporarily living away from home.”

Democratic attorneys general note that reciprocity would empower gun traffickers and other criminals, and even help criminals avoid requirements completely by claiming they reside in one of 12 states that allow gun owners to carry a concealed weapon without a permit.

“After each tragedy we lament the loopholes in our federal gun laws. It’s vital that we not create another one,” New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident