Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Job situation improves despite government efforts to torpedo economy

http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/04/news...mber/index.htm

Looks like this is the best job performance since the recession started, and since the government took its deliberate steps to deepen and prolong it.

Default Re: Job situation improves despite government efforts to torpedo economy

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    Looks like this is the best job performance since the recession started, and since the government took its deliberate steps to deepen and prolong it.
    I imagine all of the temporary Christmas hiring has artificially inflated the hiring numbers. The numbers for January will be most illuminating.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Job situation improves despite government efforts to torpedo economy

Now you know the morons will spin it to say the stimulus is working. How it can be linked is beyond me, but then again, the morons don't need proof or anything. Just imagine, they'll say. Just imagine how much better off we'd be if the stimulus package was twice as large.

(Monroe County)

IF anyone honestly believes these numbers they need to have their heads examined.

The number of jobs lost has gone down... for the month because we have already shed millions and are down to just core people.

Xmas help is at its peak right now (temporary labor)

the most recent numbers put Unemployed/underemployed at over 17%!

the 10% number is a feel good bullshit number that the gov made up to try and get everyone spending
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    Now you know the morons will spin it to say the stimulus is working. How it can be linked is beyond me, but then again, the morons don't need proof or anything. Just imagine, they'll say. Just imagine how much better off we'd be if the stimulus package was twice as large.
    They are trying to get a 300 Billion job creation bill passed... why? dunno but they are
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    Now you know the morons will spin it to say the stimulus is working.
    Of course it is... After all, there are about 16 million people out of work. The stimulus, in the very most positive light, has "created or saved" (*ptoooey*) 1.6M jobs, or .9% change in unemployment. For all the money that's been spent thus far, we've changed unemployment by .9%. In other words, it would've been 11.1% without the stimulus money. Consider, also, that many of those jobs are not sustainable, as they are mostly project work.

I'd say that's an effective use of tax dollars, wouldn't you? (/sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    the most recent numbers put Unemployed/underemployed at over 17%!

the 10% number is a feel good bullshit number that the gov made up to try and get everyone spending
    That's like saying that wind chill is the real temperature, and the air temperature is just a feel-good number to make everyone feel warmer. Both measurements are valid but cover different phenomena, just like the 10% and 17% numbers you correctly cited above.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    That's like saying that wind chill is the real temperature, and the air temperature is just a feel-good number to make everyone feel warmer. Both measurements are valid but cover different phenomena, just like the 10% and 17% numbers you correctly cited above.
    To be fair I think the 10.2% unemployment is sort of a misnomer. That is the percentage of the workforce who are currently elligable for unemployment benefits. Calling it the unemployment rate is really misleading. Intentionally misleading IMO.

(Chester County)

Nope, I don't buy this.

I have a job, yet it's part time and I'm woefully underemployed.

I agree that if "November job losses fewest since start of the recession. Unemployment rate decline is biggest in more than three years" is the case, it's because of the xmas jobs.

I feel January's figures will be a vast disappointment.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    I have to disagree. the 10% number is the number of americans collecting unemployment benefits, its complete bullshit. They need to stop advertising as unemployment rate and start reporting it as number of people collecting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast