Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Glock parts / gunsmith

I have just purchased a G17. This is my first Glock and I would like to improve some areas of this pistol. So I have a few questions for you glock guys. Is there anyone in the levittown area that works on glocks? Is there anyone in this area that stocks glock parts? Will there be anyone at the Valley Forge show that will be selling glock parts?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Glock parts / gunsmith

Glock parts are available from so many places, I'm surprised Pep Boys hasn't begun to carry them.

Check out Glockmeister and/or Lone Wolf Distributing.

It's hard to imagine needing a gunsmith for a Glock. You can strip it down to its bare essentials in under 10 minutes on your kitchen table. The only tools you need are a 3/32 punch and a small flat blade screw driver. Glockmeister has all the instructions and photos you'll need.
    "He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad."
    Rafael Sabatini's "Scaramouche"

(Clarion County)

Smile Re: Glock parts / gunsmith

Wow , nice gun !! It was the first Glock I bought and still my favorite shooter .Since that first one ,I now have 7 glocks !!

From out of the box, I've changed the recoil springs and rods,nite sites,and some Pierce extentions on some of the more compact models .

As far as parts,as 1832 stated , the parts are super easy to find, enjoy ,
    the 17 really is a pleasure to shoot !!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ulooze View Post
    I have just purchased a G17. This is my first Glock and I would like to improve some areas of this pistol. So I have a few questions for you glock guys. Is there anyone in the levittown area that works on glocks? Is there anyone in this area that stocks glock parts? Will there be anyone at the Valley Forge show that will be selling glock parts?
    What are you thinking of changing? The only thing I want to be different on my G19 is the plastic sights.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    What are you thinking of changing? The only thing I want to be different on my G19 is the plastic sights.
    I personally like to change the stock recoil rod and replace it with stainless.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think it' actually cycles better and also I think plastic is just not as good as steel . Only my humble opinion and no ,I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the factory assembly .

(Bucks County)

The 17 does shoot nice but, there are some areas that could use some improvement. I think the trigger could use alittle lightning up. The take up is smooth but the trigger break is a bit steep. It would also be a bit better with extensions on the slide stop and mag release. Possibly a barrel that is reload ( lead ) friendly. Any expierience changing these parts out?? Let me know.

(Allegheny County)

The easiest way to lighten a Glock trigger is to put in a "3.5 connector" in place of the 5# or 8# connector that may be in it. Glockmeister has instructions and photos in their "Technical" section that can show you how its done. It takes about 5 minutes, and the connector can be had from various sources for under $20.00. There are other steps you can take to further lighten and smooth out the trigger action. For example, polishing the various contact points in the trigger action with a felt bullet tip and Jeweler's Rouge. In competition guns, you can also put in a reduced power striker spring. In defensive guns, this is not a good idea since it may result in too light a primer hit. Although, I've had one in my Glock 35 for about 8 years and have never experienced too light a primer strike in over several thousand rounds of various ammo.

Be prepared for some debate over "trigger modifications" leading to liability, etc. IMHO, even the heaviest trigger pull cannot prevent inadvertent discharges resulting from poor training and lack of trigger discipline. However, some folks, and most agency decision makers still cling to the notion that a heavier trigger will protect them from lawsuits. In fact, proper agency firearms training will do far more to prevent inadvertent or accidental firearm discharges.
    "He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad."
    Rafael Sabatini's "Scaramouche"

(Venango County)

The 17 does shoot nice but, there are some areas that could use some improvement. I think the trigger could use alittle lightning up. The take up is smooth but the trigger break is a bit steep. It would also be a bit better with extensions on the slide stop and mag release. Possibly a barrel that is reload ( lead ) friendly. Any expierience changing these parts out?? Let me know.
    It depends on what you are going to use this pistol for.....

For a play pistol those mods will be pretty cool, for a "work" pistol you should probably leave them alone....

the barrel can be accomplished by a quick field strip, they are pretty much "Drop In"

the rest can all be done effectively yourself in a good detail strip, do some searching on detail stripping....I think most of those will be removed in a good detail strip.....I have never done mine, actually.....

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Chester County)

(Delaware County)

First:
    25 Cent Trigger Job - Web page also has instructions and pictures on how to detail strip Glocks. I stop here as far as mods for defense pistols. I haven't had any problems with the plastic guide rods so far. Replace guide rod/recoil spring assembly after about 5000 rounds, and continue shooting. KKM barrel has worked really well for me in the race gun, but Lone Wolf tubes are cheaper and many seem to like them.

For a competition pistol, maybe go to a Vanek or Glockworx trigger kit.

As far as Glock parts at the VF show, I usually don't see much but mags and rimfire conversion kits for the compact models. There is (maybe past tense) a guy who did trigger jobs at Classic Pistol in Southampton.
    Last edited by Suburban; November 27th, 2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: forgot links
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast