Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Okay......Sammich Boy Part II

So....

If Sammich Boy askes me if I'm carrying a firearm......
    For whatever reason - Maybe I've printed, the tip of the holster has peeked out beneath my coat, whatever.....

Do I have to answer him? What would YOU say and how would you say it??

Do circumstances change if Mall Security approaches me and askes if I'm carrying??
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Okay......Sammich Boy Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in Pennsylvania View Post
    So....

If Sammich Boy askes me if I'm carrying a firearm......
    For whatever reason - Maybe I've printed, the tip of the holster has peeked out beneath my coat, whatever.....

Do I have to answer him? What would YOU say and how would you say it??
    Just don't answer. Respond to questions with an unrelated question:

SB: "Doood! Is that, like, a guuuun?"

YOU: "How much for the chicken sub?

Do circumstances change if Mall Security approaches me and askes if I'm carrying??
    If the mall is NOT posted with a "no firearms" sign: The answer is, it's none of their business: "sorry, I'm in a hurry, can't talk now" and ignore him and if you feel like it, go to your next store.

If the mall IS (Galleria in Philadelphia is, for example) posted: "sorry, I'm in a hurry, can't talk now" and leave post haste.

(Erie County)

If tell them it's none of their business; and they ask you to leave, then leave. Nothing they can do but ask you to leave.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    If tell them it's none of their business; and they ask you to leave, then leave. Nothing they can do but ask you to leave.
    Indeed. You can only get yourself into unnecessary hassles by answering questions from people who have no right to demand answers.

Other states may vary, but I believe that in PA, rent-a-cops have zero legal authority to detain and question, at least not for this reason. If they have some PC to think you're a shoplifter, they may have some detention rights -- I can't address that.

But this is just a fishing expedition and you have no obligation at all to stop and talk to them. Just give a curt non-response and walk away. If they tell you to leave the mall, well, that's one thing they can demand, so leave. But their interrogation can be blown off.

(Blair County)

I pity poor sammich boy if the guy he asked was a would be BG. People like that need to learn why not to ask. I think it could be on your forehead and they would still have to ask, "Is that a gun?" "No that's a new insulin shot, here's your sign." Anymore I don't tell anybody anything unless it's an on-duty LEO, and that's only if I have to reach toward it. I do find myself looking for signs prohibiting guns now after reading about some of you guys. Around here I haven't found one yet, and I hope I don't.

(Berks County)

Don't have to answer any "are you packing" questions. However, if the owner, a clerk, or any representative of the owner asks you to leave for any reason, you must comply, otherwise you face trespassing charges.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

seems to me that we are way over analyzing this subject. I've been in clothing stores trying on jackets when the clerk sort of stared at my gun (the other one ). All I said was "don't worry I'm one of the good guys". She smiled and that was that. 9 times out of 10 our poor Sammich Boy will just assume that you are LEO and not say a word. Not many people I know are brave enough to confront anybody they know is carrying a gun.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    seems to me that we are way over analyzing this subject. I've been in clothing stores trying on jackets when the clerk sort of stared at my gun (the other one ). All I said was "don't worry I'm one of the good guys". She smiled and that was that. 9 times out of 10 our poor Sammich Boy will just assume that you are LEO and not say a word. Not many people I know are brave enough to confront anybody they know is carrying a gun.
    Agreed, most people won't go so far as to ask. And in fact, those that DO know better won't ask anyway. See Rule #2 in Grizz's thread on "Gun Manners":

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...n-manners.html

The problem are the sheeple that are afraid to ask and then make the "man with a gun" call to the LEOs. I'd rather be asked to leave than have some uninformed sneak who's afraid to confront me call the LEOs, causing me a few hours hassle over nothing.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas