Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default "Famous Maker" Rem 870 shotgun laser - Can H&R Pardner Pump use this?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/cgi-bin/sh...%23a1091#a1091

Since I understand the H&R Pardner Pump may be a 870 Express copy, I was wondering of the Pardner Pump series (particularly the Protector, maybe) can use this.

(Bedford County)

Default Re: "Famous Maker" Rem 870 shotgun laser - Can H&R Pardner Pump use this?

That would be something that I would call about before ordering. If the threads are the same...it will work.

Just be aware that "famous maker" lasers are imported from China or some other asian country where quality is overlooked in the name of mass production and bottom line. A quality laser will start in the $200 ball park...so for $50 you should have some idea of what you will get.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: "Famous Maker" Rem 870 shotgun laser - Can H&R Pardner Pump use this?

I can confirm that the magazine laser in question does indeed fit the H&R "Pardner Protector" (Norinco 870 clone). No issues whatsoever.

As mentioned previously, be advised that although the quality is serviceable, it is far from "top shelf". Unit seems to work well, ran into some difficulty with one of the Allen-head aim adjusters having an oversized hex which nearly rounded out with the Allen wrench provided. Typical quality control for our Chinese friends; since the Norinco is also a product of Chinese hands, the FM laser seems right at home nestled in its mag tube.

Regards,
    EB