Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Think of the children!

We hear "think of the children" a lot. Antis use it as a reason why they think people should not carry firearms, or shouldn't carry them in parks or other various gun free zones.

Reading about the shooting in Munich today this stood out to me.

• A witness who will only be identified as Lauretta told CNN her son was in a bathroom with a shooter at the McDonald's. "That's where he loaded his weapon," she said. "I hear like an alarm and boom, boom, boom... And he's still killing the children. The children were sitting to eat. They can't run." http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/europe/germany-munich-shooting/index.html

Many of us carry for many reasons. One carrier in the right place at the right time and the above could be stopped. Kids could have been saved. Is there a single person here who if you were armed and standing behind that guy when he started shooting kids that would not have stopped him. (If not I'd really rather not know). I'm betting most would. Many would even if they were unarmed.

But that was Germany. A country that has extremely strict gun laws. There was no real chance that anyone was carrying. The only one likely to have a gun there was the shooter. He was in little danger from others. There is a reason scumbags tend to choose gun free zones and places where they are pretty sure no one is carrying in America, the chances of people successfully resisting goes way down. Germany is basically one big gun free zone disarming the populace.

If they trusted their honest citizens with the basic right of self defense things may have turned out differently today. I'm not saying there definitely would have been a armed citizen there today that could have saved the day, but at least there would have been a chance, as it was there was no chance.

I remember my son asking me a couple of years ago why I carry a gun. I had a dozen answers go through my mind from, "It's my right" to "I would rather have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". What came out was, "there are bad people in the world, if any of those people ever try to hurt you or mommy, I want to be able to protect you". I thought about that as I read the paragraph from the eyewitness. If any of those parents in that restaurant had been allowed to carry and they had the right mindset, things may have been different in that restaurant.

There are many reasons why we carry. We are not obligated to explain our reasons why. Some choose to do so. "Ever hear of the Constitution motherfucker " is always a favorite

But I think another we can honestly add is "we are thinking about the children"

Default Re: Think of the children!

Just maybe, the people in other Countries will wake up and demand their right to self protection. It seems that the liberals and elites of the world have made people sitting ducks and with the Isis on the rampage most everyone fears for their lives.
    Here in the United States of America we have the ability to protect ourselves and I believe that's the reason Isis doesn't cause more harm.
    Thank GOD for our Constitution and our Bill Of GOD given Rights.

The anti's are so brain washed and lied too I don't think there is
    much we can do to change their minds. They will look at this shooting
    and want more gun control!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

I was watching this video yesterday thinking what if someone had a gun on them.
    It just reaffirms why I carry.

(Wayne County)

Poor dude tried hiding under the elephant and got wasted. Thats right 9th Circuit, we have no need for conceal carry, big F YOU!

(Wayne County)

I "Think of the Children"...that's why I taught ours how to shoot at a young age, along with other self defense. It's also why I was a shooting sports instructor for scouts. I know several youngsters that are not brainwashed into anti gun Butter Scotch. It's a start, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer View Post
    Just maybe, the people in other Countries will wake up and demand their right to self protection. It seems that the liberals and elites of the world have made people sitting ducks and with the Isis on the rampage most everyone fears for their lives.
    Here in the United States of America we have the ability to protect ourselves and I believe that's the reason Isis doesn't cause more harm.
    Thank GOD for our Constitution and our Bill Of GOD given Rights.
    I've said it before, the inclusion of the 2nd in the Constitution showed a lot of fore sight on the part of the founding fathers. I've heard people say that the Constitution is not worth the paper it's printed on any more. The fact that we still have the gun rights we do shows that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Member View Post
    The anti's are so brain washed and lied too I don't think there is
    much we can do to change their minds. They will look at this shooting
    and want more gun control!
    All the more reason to keep Hillary out this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I was watching this video yesterday thinking what if someone had a gun on them.
    It just reaffirms why I carry.

Yep. You just need to read the paper to see why carrying should be encouraged, not discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    I "Think of the Children"...that's why I taught ours how to shoot at a young age, along with other self defense. It's also why I was a shooting sports instructor for scouts. I know several youngsters that are not brainwashed into anti gun Butter Scotch. It's a start, at least.
    It's funny, every time I go on a scouting event i meet another parent who is a supporter of the 2nd. Must be something about that program.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast