Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Should I report this stupid... mail lady

So I've had ongoing issues with my mail lady. she'll routinely shove packages in my mailbox, the last time I almost had to rip the mailbox out of the ground to get my package out... luckily the contents (cigars) were not crushed... the box was destroyed

We've watched her pull up the driveway and throw packages out of the truck into the driveway and drive off, she's thrown them on the porch if she actually does get out of the truck... which is rare

today I saw her pull up and sit at the mailbox for a while and couldn't figure out what she was doing so as soon as she left I went down and looked...

she had tried shoving a box in the mailbox, when it wouldn't fit she just put it in a bag and hung it from the front of the mailbox...

this is fucking stupid as I live on a commonly traveled road and it was a walmart plastic bag and you could clearly see the package in it

so do I report this worthless postal employee? is it even worth it?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Should I report this stupid... mail lady

Yes. Hell yes. There are enough people looking for work to responsibly do the job that this lady is clearly too inept and too lazy to do properly.

(Westmoreland County)

I would meet her at the mailbox tomorrow and talk to her about your concerns. If you continue to have issues with her, by all means inform your postmaster.

(Lehigh County)

Yes. Unless someone takes a stand she'll continue to do the same crap. Call and speak with the local postmaster, then follow up with a letter.

If you like I'll check those cigars for damage for you...
    I am ashamed of those who represent me.

(Adams County)

My father in law got a package of collector coins. The envelope said "Do not FOLD"

Well she did, and in turn bent the cardboard holders or something. He reported it and the girl came to his house after her shift, in plain clothes and appologized profusly. He told her that the coin place had already agreed to replace the holders for free. The girl wanted to know if there was anything else she could do . She was very adamant about making it right.

Our only assumption was that the postmaster put the fear of god into her.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I would meet her at the mailbox tomorrow and talk to her about your concerns. If you continue to have issues with her, by all means inform your postmaster.
    I would... but she barely speaks English. I tried speaking to her once about where she should leave the packages (covered front porch instead of uncovered back porch) and all she kept saying was yes... she clearly had no idea what I was saying

Here is the pic that I took when I got the mailbox... yes i know, I need to replace my mailbox... i just don't want to as I know the new one will look exactly the same in a matter of days.

she did bend the hell out of the pieces that she hung the package from... if I had to guess I'd say she hung it from the bottom one first and it bent so she did both and it bent so she bent the top one up so it would stay...

as mentioned she was at the mailbox for several minutes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Yes. Hell yes. There are enough people looking for work to responsibly do the job that this lady is clearly too inept and too lazy to do properly.
    What he said.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Monroe County)

I just called and reported her to the post master... he suggested anytime we have another issue call him immediately and he'll handle it

(Dauphin County)

take that picture with you and tell them you want a new mailbox too !!!

one place i lived i had to park close to the mailbox and i would continually have go to the main branch for my mail.. i caught the mail lady pulling away from my house once without puting the mail in the mailbox. i said wtf ?? she said she doesnt have to get out of her vehicle to put it in the box?????

i said you cant take one step out of your truck to reahthat mailbox you lazy !$@#%!#$&!%~&@&@$~^$^!~!!!!!

i took a picture of where i had to park and took it to the main branch and talked to a supervisor, he said it would be remedied... it was i got a new mailman evidently from what the new guy said, she refused to get off her lazy ass.. lol nice
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    take that picture with you and tell them you want a new mailbox too !!!

one place i lived i had to park close to the mailbox and i would continually have go to the main branch for my mail.. i caught the mail lady pulling away from my house once without puting the mail in the mailbox. i said wtf ?? she said she doesnt have to get out of her vehicle to put it in the box?????

i said you cant take one step out of your truck to reahthat mailbox you lazy !$@#%!#$&!%~&@&@$~^$^!~!!!!!

i took a picture of where i had to park and took it to the main branch and talked to a supervisor, he said it would be remedied... it was i got a new mailman evidently from what the new guy said, she refused to get off her lazy ass.. lol nice

yeah I've seen a few times where she has just driven past my mailbox and the neighbors without slowing down... we always get more mail the next day, including stuff we should have gotten the day before... if i had to guess I'd say we are towards the end of her run and she was making up time

she actually ran into the neighbors mailbox... of course she didn't report it. you could actually see the tire tracks leading right to it. luckily it was one of those plastic ones so it just got knocked off its base and was easy to fix but she never said a word to them about it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast