Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Legal question regarding Presidency in the US?

I have a question; if a president confesses (with photographic proof) that they have illegally used marijuana in their life, thus barring them from legally owning a firearm, how can they legally become Commander-in-Chief and command the entire US Military?

*Moderators please move this to the right section if I posted it in the wrong area. Thanks!
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Legal question regarding Presidency in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by BandanaBandit1 View Post
    I have a question; if a president confesses (with photographic proof) that they have illegally used marijuana in their life, thus barring them from legally owning a firearm, how can they legally become Commander-in-Chief and command the entire US Military?

*Moderators please move this to the right section if I posted it in the wrong area. Thanks!
    I believe you are under a mistaken impression. A current user can't purchase a firearm, but having used illegal drugs is not a lifetime prohibitor to owning firearms.

In PA, convictions for drug use will prohibit the ability to get a LTCF, but won't, in and of themselves, prohibit a purchase if they weren't a felony, or high enough misdemeanor.

^^^^^THIS
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lehigh County)

In the exact same way the last two and the current one did it... Lie, Lie, Lie.

While it used to be a 'disqualifying' question on Armed Forces applications, (and may still be), and, is probably on all Federal job applications, it clearly isn't a 'question' that prohibits public service where the job application only requires a simple majority of votes.

I can see where it creates a pretty substantial conflict of interest for those who must obey the orders of an admitted 'criminal' while they are held to a much higher standard.

No matter what the past crime is, I would imagine Constutional things like statute of limitations and Due process still apply.
    A picture is not the same thing as a conviction of a crime.

(Lehigh County)

I don't know the picture being referenced but even if it's a picture of Obummer toking on a bong or hookah or joint...it's really no proof that it's weed. And, he didn't inhale either.

(Schuylkill County)

Don't you actually have to be convicted of something?

I could say I stole eight bars of gold from Fort Knox and killed three guards but unless there is proof beyond my "confession" it never happened.
    Anyway, I think candidates confess purposely to endear themselves to a targeted portion of the electorate. They feel it makes them seem more "human".

In today's world, if a candidate says they never drank or touched weed they either come off as a holier than thou goody two shoes or as a liar, not as a law abiding sensible person. Thank you Hollywood.

(Chester County)

Yes our President was a big doper as part of the "Choom Gang". He probably still indulges. We have one year to go with this twit. Let's block everything we can.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by BandanaBandit1 View Post

There are only 3 prerequisites to be president.

1. Be 35yo
    2. Be a natural born citizen
    3. Having lived at least 14 years in the USA.

There are no other things to prevent a person from being president. Felons can be president, drug users can be president. Even a traitor can be president.

Only upon order of removal from office due to conviction by the Senate, after an impeachment by the House of Representatives can a person NOT be president. And, a president can still be convicted by the Senate, but the Senate must order the removal from office.

Also, the law on drugs and gun ownership only pertains to being a current drug user. 20 years ago isn't "current". I doubt even 5 years ago would qualify as being current.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    There are only 3 prerequisites to be president.

1. Be 35yo
    2. Be a natural born citizen
    3. Having lived at least 14 years in the USA.
    This. Plus getting elected.

I'm surprised how many people don't get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast