October 13th is not only the first day of squirrel, but the first day of early muzzleloader for antlerless deer. With deer regulations stating nothing smaller than a .45 caliber and squirrel saying nothing larger than .40 caliber in muzzleloader, they messed up my shooting. I have always used a .45 caliber Pennsylvania Longrifle for both.

I wonder how the WCO might react to me this year. My Longrifle is a .45 caliber as stated, but the barrel is marked .38 caliber. It is a Davide Pedersoli I got years ago and I contacted the company about this and they were very anxious to have me send it back. It shot so accurate I didn't want to send it back, they even offered to replace it and give me back my money. This really confused me until it was suggested it was more than likely a prototype that was not to have left the factory. Don't know for sure and really doesn't matter since it does shoot like a dream and I am keeping it.

I will be hunting deer, but if stopped they are going to have to measure the bore to see it is a .45 caliber if they read .38 on the barrel and as over zealous as some of the WCOs are, especially ours in Jefferson County (His name is Hartless and it fits him), I want to be prepared for this. I don't understand why the change, but I don't have a smaller caliber for squirrel though I would like a .32 caliber and will have one down the road. Looks like I can use the Game Commission as an excuse for another gun purchase.

Pooch15825