Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Just got a new XD Subcompact .40!

I got the all black one to be on the stealthy side. Now I just have to find a nice concealed carry holster. Any suggestions?

Here it is.

Here it is with the H&K USP .40.

H&K USP .40
    XD Subcompact .40
    Ruger LCP

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Just got a new XD Subcompact .40!

Crossbreed Supertuck. I have an XD subcompact in 9mm. The supertuck rides comfortably and I forget I have it on in the car. I highly recommend it. Many others on here have taken my advice, and they have also agreed. You can't go wrong with the Supertuck.

I would also like to recommend the Pearce Magazine Extensions. Do very little to bother the concealment of the weapon. But make handling the weapon just wonderful. Don't really need them. But they make a great gun, sweet.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

I got the black leather. With the combat cut. That cuts a bit more of the holster away from around the grip area allowing easier grip on the pistol. It does take away from comfort a bit. (And if it does take away, I can't imagine how comfortable it would be with a full cut. Cause mine is very comfortable in my opinion.)

You can see how thin it is. Not a lot of extra leather here. But it molds to the body quite nicely. The kydex keeps its form so you can holster again with one hand. It is tuckable. I wear it with a shirt tucked in a lot. And no one ever notices that I even have it on.

I like the big clips that it comes with (called Snaplok-Clips). No one has ever asked me what they are. So, I really don't think you need the J clips. In fact, these clips hold the pistol firmly against the body and solidly on the belt.

The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Erie County)

Yeah, I've been eying up that holster. The only problem is isn't the wait time over 2 months? Man, it will be hard to wait that long. LOL

I just may get those grip extensions, too. I got a chance to shoot my XD SC for the first time today and it really was pretty easy to handle even with my pinky falling off the end, but I bet that extension would make it even better. Where is the best place to get the extensions?

Thanks.
    H&K USP .40
    XD Subcompact .40
    Ruger LCP

sweet pistol.

you can get the extensions from cheaperthandirt.com just type in pearce grip extensions in the search engine.

I got my IWB holster from theholsterstore.com, I ike it and it fits well, they are wet molded so you'll have to work it to loosen it up some. took me about 3 hours of twisting, turning, hlstering and drawing to get it where I could get it in and out without looking like I was ripping my hip off . . . LOL
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

my xd setup is identical to mtbski's.

I have the XD-SC9mm all black, with pearce extensions, and crossbreed black supertuck with the standard clips and the combat cut.

The holster is worth it IMO because it's warrantied for life now.

The clips work well enough on their own that I can not even wear a belt and I can still draw if needed. One handed reholstering is quite easy.

I reccomend that holster to anyone with an XD.