Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Recommend me a holster

Well, I'm glad to say that my wife finally cracked and let me buy a 1911. So today, we went to Dunkelberger's and I bought an RIA M1911 A1 Tactical. Absolutely fucking drenched in oil, but I got it cleaned up a few minutes ago.

I'm looking for recommendations for a holster. I will be OC'ing, as I can't get a LTCF, so keep that in mind. What's a good holster for a decent price?
    Everyone should have an AK-47

Default Re: Recommend me a holster

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman21 View Post
    Well, I'm glad to say that my wife finally cracked and let me buy a 1911. So today, we went to Dunkelberger's and I bought an RIA M1911 A1 Tactical. Absolutely fucking drenched in oil, but I got it cleaned up a few minutes ago.

I'm looking for recommendations for a holster. I will be OC'ing, as I can't get a LTCF, so keep that in mind. What's a good holster for a decent price?
    If you're looking for leather at a good price Nate at UBG makes some great stuff. I got an IWB from him for my Colt 1911 a few weeks ago and I love it.

$75 for a quality leather OWB holster is a steal.

http://www.ubgholsters.com/owb.htm
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman21 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why can't you get a LTCF.

Remember with out a LTCF you are restricted to walking everywhere while you are carrying.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why can't you get a LTCF.

Remember with out a LTCF you are restricted to walking everywhere while you are carrying.
    Here we go again...

I've been through this again and again. Every time I mention it somebody new asks why. (not your fault)

I live in Monroe county. The sheriff here tags on a bunch of illegal requirements for your references, such as:

*References must be full-time Monroe county residents
    *They cannot be related to each other
    *they cannot live with you OR together (I.E., you can't use a married couple as your two references, because they live at the same address.)

This is copied directly from the official Monroe County instructions for filling out the application:

All references MUST be full time MONROE COUNTY, PA. residents only! Family members or those who
    reside at the same address as you are NOT acceptable. References can not be related or reside at the same
    address as one another. You must provide their complete home mailing address and phone number.
    So far, all the friendships I've established in Pennsylvania are either from another county, family, or anti-gun. So I'm pretty stuck. I've tried calling the Monroe county sheriff and explaining that he's breaking the law, but he was very rude, and told me that he "could do whatever he wanted."

So I cannot carry in a vehicle, and I am restricted to OC.

(York County)

Have you checked out the BlackHawk Serpa?

Pricing...
    http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CCEQ8gIwAg#

Info from the manufacturers web site...
    http://www.blackhawk.com/catalog/Holsters,16.htm

Some of the best pricing and quality on leather holsters I have found is from Don Hume...
    For example...

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...products_id=42

I am currently carrying the XD45 5" barrel in the Don Hume H726 and I can't part with it. VERY sturdy and holds very close to the body.

My 2 biggest concerns with the Serpas is that, IMHO, they tend to stick out away from the body too far for any kind of concealment (not an issue for you though at this time) and that they don't make one to cover the full 5" barrel of my XD, also not an issue for you because they DO make one that covers the 5" barrel of the1911s.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

First of all the Monroe County Sheriff cannot do what he wants. Start a thread looking for fellow Monroe county residents that will fill out your recommendation form. Heck, I would fill one out for you. (This is a good route if you do not have the money to sue his ass, which I would do)

As for the holster, check out www.simplyrugged.com

Their Cuda holster is top friggin notch and I recommend them highly. They are also moderately priced.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    First of all the Monroe County Sheriff cannot do what he wants. Start a thread looking for fellow Monroe county residents that will fill out your recommendation form. Heck, I would fill one out for you. (This is a good route if you do not have the money to sue his ass, which I would do)

Their Cuda holster is top friggin notch and I recommend them highly. They are also moderately priced.

Wow... he does have some nice looking stuff.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

I have three of his revolver holsters and they are top notch for a great price. Turn around time is 2-4 weeks delivered. The sourdough for a revolver is absolute comfort and function... leather bliss.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post

I'd love to sue the SOB, but funds are an issue... Plus, my wife would murder me if I spent a bunch of money to prove a point

I didn't even think about starting a thread asking for Monroe county refs... Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that as soon as I'm finished with this post. Rep sent for that one!

And thanks for the link, they have some sweet stuff!

(Lackawanna County)

the Blackhawk SERPA is a decent holster for OC; i use one for my 1911. warning: it will eventually cause wear on the finish of your gun, specifically on the slide near the ejection port, the right side of the trigger guard, and the muzzle. i don't carry mine to be pretty, so i don't care about the finish. Safariland also makes a good retention holster, but costs a little more.

if you want a reference from Lackawanna County, i'll give you one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast