Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default New Resedent, Question on References

Hi All,
    I just recently moved to Lancaster County and I am in the process of filling out my LTCF and came across a question,

Do my references have to be in the county? I couldn’t find anywhere that said they did just wanted to be safe.

I have been living in the county for about two months now, just haven’t really had a chance to meet anyone yet.

Thanks,
    KK

(Chester County)

Default Re: New Resedent, Question on References

The Lancaster county application looks like the generic form to me -- there is nothing in the UFA that requires residency in the same county for references. Some Sheriffs require it (illegally, I think), but they'll tell you up front, usually.

If the application doesn't say they need to be Lancaster county residents, don't worry about it. Fill it out, and just use references from where you used to live in Pa., and if they bounce it, thank them politely, and come back with references from LanCo. Don't argue, it ain't worth the trouble.

I'm sure there are folks on here from LanCo who'd vouch for you after meeting you in person.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Bucks County)

Before I filled out the form in (Bucks County) I asked the clerk if the references had to be from the same county. The clerk told me no, the person also said they didn't even need to be from the same state. For the record my references were never contacted.

(Pike County)

It could not hurt to double check with the clerk. I'm in Pike, and the refernece can be from anywhere. A co-worker of mine is in Monroe, and his had to be in the county and not related to him.

(York County)

All my refs were from MD and I live in york co. I had no problems at all

(Lancaster County)

thanks guys,
    I decided to just head down and ask them in person, and Low and behold at least for Lancaster CO. it does not matter that the references are out of state. I turned it in and headed on my way. MAN I LOVE PA!!! I am so glad I left the peoples republic of NY

Kris

I recently had that problem because the county form here is modified and asked for 2 residents of the county. I also found that form to be hard to print, so i searched for an other one, and found this one in Columbia County that is a pdf fill form, you can change the name Columbia to any county before you print, the only problem i found is that the 2 phone numbes last numbers in the referance want to be the same so i printed the form typed in and just filled in the last numbers on the referance phone numbers.

http://www.sheriffofcolumbiacounty.c...biaCCWform.pdf
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by kkibbey View Post
    thanks guys,
    I decided to just head down and ask them in person, and Low and behold at least for Lancaster CO. it does not matter that the references are out of state. I turned it in and headed on my way. MAN I LOVE PA!!! I am so glad I left the peoples republic of NY

Kris
    I've used out of state references here in Delaware County as well.

(Lancaster County)

Welcome to Lancaster. There are some good guys on here from this area. Mr. S and Got Dogs come to mind because I have met them
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(Perry County)

I live in Perry County and they required 2 references, in the same county, no family, and they must live in different housholds.

Both of my references were called.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast