Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serpa or not?

Default Serpa or not?

Just wanted to get some opinions on the Blackhawk Serpa holster. Who has them, who likes them, who doesn't and why?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Serpa or not?

Open and concealed carried with one for the past 3-4 years. Have had 2 people try to remove the glock from the holster and could not. And this was with them pulling at it to the point where I thought my belt would break. One was a police officer and was familiar with how it worked. I did not resist at all. So imagine if you were actually struggling with an assailant! I like them. I have heard all the naysayers and saw the videos. Still for my personal carry as well as Idpa I use them to hold my glock.

I OC with them. I have used Serpa for Glocks, an HK P30L, and most recently an MP9. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

(Allegheny County)

Another vote for the serpa. I use it almost exclusively. I have a CQC model for my Glock21 and sigma 40.
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

(Beaver County)

I have the CQC and the drop leg SERPA for my Glock 17.

The only thing I didn't like is the CQC model had a lot of play(front to back) so my gun would move. I contacted Blackhawk and they sent a different spring to me for free. It was the same spring that comes standard in the drop leg (and the duty model). Now my G17 doesn't move at all in either one but draws smooth and fast.

(Northampton County)

I use the cqc and level 3 SERPA holsters. Personally, I love them. I have yet to find a holster that secures a weapon faster and easier, while still allowing a quick draw (even with practice). Also, I have found from practice that the SERPA is pretty effective at keeping would-be gun grabbers at bay.

As far as the nay-sayers, I think it is very important to remember that we must train, train, train and train some more with our equipment until we can draw quickly without fumbling (i.e. not releasing the trigger guard lock in time) and to keep our finger off the trigger until we are firing. A lot of the nay-sayers points, it seems, would be negated if the user was familiar with his equipment. If you want my point-by-point take on the nay-sayer's position, PM me and I will tell you.

Finally, the onus of responsibility in a gun-grab is on the user, not the holster. A good holster will give a few extra seconds to react, but we still cannot rely on a holster alone to prevent a gun-grab. For me, holster selection comes down to a balance of ease of draw, weapon security and ability to conceal.

(Allegheny County)

(Lehigh County)

I liked the level II I carried my 27 Glock in for three and a half years enough to buy another one for my XDm compact. It was longer than it needed to be for the compact so I shortened it on my band saw and belt sander so the bottom is flush with the compact's 3.8 barrel.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Bucks County)

I find them to be uncomfortable, and they stick out from the body really far. But the draw is super fast.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

I have a Level II CQC for my Glock 23 and I couldn't be happier. I use for OC and OWB CC and find it to be comfortable enough while still being secure. Right now it is my primary holster.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast