Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default 2yo Shoots Mom in Face

Is this even possible for a 2yo? Seems fishy to me. Not to even mention - how do you leave a gun in reach of a child?

http://youtu.be/B7TxU9EUSfc

(Chester County)

Default Re: 2yo Shoots Mom in Face

he shot her and then put the gun in the childs hands to get the finger prints on it.

(Montgomery County)

Sounds very suspicious to me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jaypopsu View Post
    Is this even possible for a 2yo?
    It was certainly possible for this two year old.

Some idiot in Syria shoots his handgun into the air in "celebration" at a party. The camera turns away, and when the camera turns back you see his two year old son holding the gun as it discharges into his father's chest. My bet is the idiot sat his gun down on the table after his celebratory fire, and the little kid decided he wanted to be like daddy and picked up the gun.

It looked to be a 1911 pattern gun, so a little kid wouldn't have much trouble actuating the light single-action trigger.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    It was certainly possible for this two year old.

Some idiot in Syria shoots his handgun into the air in "celebration" at a party. The camera turns away, and when the camera turns back you see his two year old son holding the gun as it discharges into his father's chest. My bet is the idiot sat his gun down on the table after his celebratory fire, and the little kid decided he wanted to be like daddy and picked up the gun.

It looked to be a 1911 pattern gun, so a little kid wouldn't have much trouble actuating the light single-action trigger.
    What an Idiot.

(Allegheny County)

According to the OP's video, it was a three-year-old, and the gun was a 9mm glock. That makes it sound a heck of a lot more possible. He'd have to have gripped it with two hands, since he probably couldn't get one hand around the grip and onto the trigger.

When my son was 5 or 6, as part of "gun-proofing," I allowed him to handle my Sigma, and I was able to assure myself that he could in no way have pulled the trigger. He probably still can't, for that matter, but now I carry an M&P.

(Lackawanna County)

Unless the mom was BEHIND him...kids will hold the gun with the barrel facing in, wrap their both hands around the grip, and press the trigger using their thumbs. If the gun is pointed over the shoulder, whatever is behind gets hit, if they are unfortunate enough to have the barrel pointed at their head or body, another child falls victim to a parent's stupidity for leaving a loaded gun with a round in the chamber where a child could get it.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    According to the OP's video, it was a three-year-old, and the gun was a 9mm glock. That makes it sound a heck of a lot more possible. He'd have to have gripped it with two hands, since he probably couldn't get one hand around the grip and onto the trigger.

When my son was 5 or 6, as part of "gun-proofing," I allowed him to handle my Sigma, and I was able to assure myself that he could in no way have pulled the trigger. He probably still can't, for that matter, but now I carry an M&P.
    There is no question that my six-year old, only in the 25th percentile size-wise can load a mag, chamber a round and squeeze the trigger although it take both hands. You can be damn certain that the guns and ammo are in separate safes, locked in cases inside, and that both safes have 'screamers' on them.

We use airsoft 45 autos for practice; heavy slide and about a six-pound pull, and he can deal with that (although he gets tired after a dozen rounds or so).

He could probably handle my wife's Bersa easily. I figure it is impossible to 'gun-proof' him, I'd much rather he have an appreciation of what guns are capable of, and a healthy dose of fear.

Anyway, that poor kid is going to be scarred for life, whether he did it or nit.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    There is no question that my six-year old, only in the 25th percentile size-wise can load a mag, chamber a round and squeeze the trigger although it take both hands. You can be damn certain that the guns and ammo are in separate safes, locked in cases inside, and that both safes have 'screamers' on them.

We use airsoft 45 autos for practice; heavy slide and about a six-pound pull, and he can deal with that (although he gets tired after a dozen rounds or so).

He could probably handle my wife's Bersa easily. I figure it is impossible to 'gun-proof' him, I'd much rather he have an appreciation of what guns are capable of, and a healthy dose of fear.

Anyway, that poor kid is going to be scarred for life, whether he did it or nit.
    KNowledge is the best tool when it comes to gun safety.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    I figure it is impossible to 'gun-proof' him, I'd much rather he have an appreciation of what guns are capable of, and a healthy dose of fear.
    Right, that's what "gun proofing your kids" means. It was just a nice extra that he also wasn't capable of shooting what I had at the time.