Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Saw the chief at the post office today...gave him a flyer...

Oh it was an interesting convo we had. I showed him the website on there too. I didn't know who he was at first when he came in until one of the postal workers addressed him and then I said "oh you're the chief! We have spoken on the phone before! You know, about open carry!" LOL! He knew right away and he said "oh yes I have looked into that and you know someone sent me a letter!" I said "oh yeah? So you got a letter? I know someone who was sending out letters." He started ranting then saying it was a letter threatening him with a lawsuit. I was sure at that point that this was not the letter that truecrimson has been sending out. I actually wanted to say "well if you're being threatened with a lawsuit then you should REALLY have a VERY close look at that flyer and DEF look at that website I just pointed out on there to you..." but I refrained. I just told him I was sure it was not the person I thought who had sent it...must have been someone else because the letters I knew of that were going out were more informative etc and I didn't think truecrimson had any reason to threaten our chief with a lawsuit unless I missed a post somewhere. Anyway, he was very angry about it and went on ranting about how he and his wife and sons are all members of the the NRA and again I just kept my thoughts to myself. I think he's a nice man and he really is in favor of citizens carrying but I think he's like many LEOs and has just not been informed about a lot of things. I am sure in his line of work he's got a lot on his plate. He said he gave the letter to his attorney so I didn't ask him any details about it as I would assume it wouldn't be something he should be discussing with some complete stranger in the PO anyway. LOL! Anyway, he was very happy to take a flyer (pa gun rights) and the guy who checked me out at the PO got one too....but that's another post.....

SO TRUECRIMSON...Just WTH are you putting in these letters man??? LOL!!!

Default Re: Saw the chief at the post office today...gave him a flyer...

I actually wanted to say "well if you're being threatened with a lawsuit then you should REALLY have a VERY close look at that flyer and DEF look at that website I just pointed out on there to you..." but I refrained.
    Maybe the flyer is good for all walks of life, but recent regulation and statute shenanigans has regulated carry at the post to 'more likely illegal than not'.

(Lebanon County)

What? I am not worried about being able to carry at the post office. I just happened to run into him there and gave him a flyer. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you're saying... I don't think the letter he got had anything to do with the PO either. We just happened to see each other there.

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    What? I am not worried about being able to carry at the post office. I just happened to run into him there and gave him a flyer. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you're saying... I don't think the letter he got had anything to do with the PO either. We just happened to see each other there.
    I thought you meant a postal chief of some sort. My mistake.

(Lebanon County)

Oh ok. no, I meant the police chief. I recently spoke with him on the phone about OC. That just made it more interesting to see him today. The only disappointment about the encounter for me was that it WAS at the PO and not somewhere else so I wasn't OCing...wasn't CCing either seeing how I was in the PO but I'm saying...would have been nice to meet him with Roxi out and about.