Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Government to steal land.

Looks like the whiney little families and the gubment are going to steal 500+ acres of private property for a memorial to the crash. They want 2200+ acres total. The actual crash site is only a 100-200 feet (plane went STRAIGHT down).

I don't know whats worse... terrorist hijacking airplanes or the the gubment hijacking the lawfully owned property of its citizens.

NYC didn't give up anything for the 3k killed on 9/11.

Private property owners have their land taken for a useless memorial in the middle of nowhere.

Default Re: Government to steal land.

2200! are they insane....well clearly they are. 2200 you've got to be kidding me

(Mercer County)

It blows my mind that they need 2200+ acres for this. 50 acres would be more than sufficient.

But 2200+ acres probably guarantees 20 new union jobs and more bureaucracy...not to mention more federal land.

(Somerset County)

Yep , this is right behind my house and I wish they would let up , or buy my house and I would be gone.
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
    Yep , this is right behind my house and I wish they would let up , or buy my house and I would be gone.
    On the bright side, you'll have one heck of a back yard and won't have to worry about too much foot-traffic, since it seems only a handful of people GAS about 9/11 anymore.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Monroe County)

last I heard ( this has been being fought for a long time) but the gov't wants a huge chunk of land all around the area for a memorial "park" that noone will ever go to and the property owners won't sell as the gov't was offering like nothing for the land.

The cement company that owned the land where the plane actually "impacted" has donated 6 acres of the crash site and is in dispute over the price they will pay for the rest of the 200+ acres. Haven't heard of any other land being given.

But the memorial is supposed to be a huge crescent shaped walkway.

good thing we are honoring the Muslims that died in the attack huh?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    last I heard ( this has been being fought for a long time) but the gov't wants a huge chunk of land all around the area for a memorial "park" that noone will ever go to and the property owners won't sell as the gov't was offering like nothing for the land.

The cement company that owned the land where the plane actually "impacted" has donated 6 acres of the crash site and is in dispute over the price they will pay for the rest of the 200+ acres. Haven't heard of any other land being given.

But the memorial is supposed to be a huge crescent shaped walkway.

good thing we are honoring the Muslims that died in the attack huh?
    Isn't it though . Guess we should put huge Swaztikas over all holacaust memorials .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Schuylkill County)

Can you imagine the rules that would be enforced against the surrounding landowners?

I bet you won't be able to mow your grass unless you get Park Service approval, and use the approved mower, set at the approved height.

I remember Flight 93, but at what point is that a reason to steal from citizens. I noticed they are no using eminent domain, but condemning the land.

If they want it bad enough pay the owners what they want to sell for (or not at all).

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Farbmeister View Post
    Looks like the whiney little families and the gubment are going to steal 500+ acres of private property for a memorial to the crash. They want 2200+ acres total. The actual crash site is only a 100-200 feet (plane went STRAIGHT down).

I don't know whats worse... terrorist hijacking airplanes or the the gubment hijacking the lawfully owned property of its citizens.

NYC didn't give up anything for the 3k killed on 9/11.

Private property owners have their land taken for a useless memorial in the middle of nowhere.
    Before I rant- Yes a fair market price should be paid and the plans don't need to be as grand as planned but-[rant]

CONGRATS you have earned the 1st neg rep I've given anyone. People have come close but you got it.

You don't know what's worse? I hope you really, really find out.
    Useless?
    the people who fought back and in one action summed up how America should be?
    Despite the BS I put up with in the Navy and people like you and couple of others that posted also, seeing that place and thinking about that day keeps me going through 7 month deployments and the strength to walk away from my famliy to go on said deployment.

As for "NOONE" going- your dead wrong,
    I for one will go again and will be honored tohave my retirement flag flown there even as site sits today.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Allegheny County)

so, these people should have their property stolen by government action so that you can feel better about doing your duty?

I spent 8 years in the army and didn't need any such stolen property to motivate me!

this doesn't need to be done. the donated property is all that's necessary for a monument, the very thought that free people's sacrifice should be dishonored by the people that they died for makes me sick!
    MORDENTE MEUM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast