Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default PA First Degree Misdemeanor

Hello all,
    I have been doing some reading on this subject as it now affects me. I have found extensive suggestions, mainly expungement and pardons, for restoring gun rights. I have not read any success stories. I am wondering if anyone has succeeded in restoring gun rights (through any means) after a DUI related conviction of a first degree misdemeanor in Pennsylvania?

I would appreciate any info on the subject.

Thanks
    Last edited by duhunter; February 24th, 2013 at 03:40 AM.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: PA First Degree Misdemeanor

A pardon+expungement is what you will need.

A lawyer that frequents this site has obtained these for some of his clients.

Don't expect to be considered for a pardon until several years have passed since you completed all terms of your conviction. ...like probation/parole, community service, all fines paid, and any classes you have to take. Figure about 10 years after all those are complete that they will consider you for a pardon(unless you do some heroic act lol). Your case will also be helped by having a job and paying your taxes, not having any civil claims pending against you, no further convictions, and being an upstanding individual in your community.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!