Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Scammers In Classifieds

Hey guys,

This is my second time going through this. I have a WTB thread in the classifieds. I get a message from an individual with a brand new account saying his buddy has what you’re looking for. Checked account status, after I felt some suspicions, so I knew immediately to be wary.

After a chat, they seem legit, and send pics and etc. However usually they are out of state and the price is too good to be true, two more red flags. After asking for specifics and picture with their name next to the gun, they ghost.

Anyways be careful out there. ALMOST got really excited I found what I was looking for.

Who can I report these new accounts to? To have them banned.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Scammers In Classifieds

The bottom of the dialogue box has a triangle with a '!' in it, just like this one does. That is the report function.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Thank you. Missed that.

(Monroe County)

You also leave names in the feedback section. Also, check it when people answer your ads.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Been getting quite a few of these scammers lately ! I don't respond unless they have at least 25 posts and even then, they can be scammers . report them !

(Jefferson County)

Report any private message that have those "Referral" type things.

They are all scammers. They will be banned, and I will ban their IP address or entire IP block(if it isn't a legit ISP).

I try to sort them when they sign up, but sometimes their IP address and other profile info sync up as legit - which happens from time to time.

Now, another note - for some reason our forum software allows unconfirmed signups to use the private message system. I don't have the access to turn that off(if that is even an option). They will sign up, and start messaging folks before I even check the new list to confirm them.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!