Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Just Garbage from the DoD thread

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    Underestimating your opponents is a fatal flaw.
    So is paranoia.

Don't get me wrong, this bothers me and I think we need to get to the bottom of it. It's just this tendency to assume that everything is part of some anti-gun conspiracy on the part of the Obama administration is getting to be a bit much. We barely have any information at this point, there is no need to run about making unfounded claims.

It just makes us look stupid when we end up being wrong, which unfortunately has been the case for about 99% of the claims that we've seen here.
    Last edited by eXceLon; March 15th, 2009 at 03:02 AM.

Default Re: DOD says no more surplus brass

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    So is paranoia.

Don't get me wrong, this bothers me and I think we need to get to the bottom of it. It's just this tendency to assume that everything is part of some anti-gun conspiracy on the part of the Obama administration is getting to be a bit much. We barely have any information at this point, there is no need to run about making unfounded claims.

It just makes us look stupid when we end up being wrong, which unfortunately has been the case for about 99% of the claims that we've seen here.
    It ain't paranoia, Sparky:

It's part of the agenda.

(Delaware County)

It's part of the agenda.
    yes sir!

me thinks they should DEAL with the criminals better and stop poking at us legal gun owners like we're the real problem.

haven't they came to their realms yet that GUN CONTROL DOESN'T WORK?!!?!?!

Isn't there a town in Georgia where it's a requirement for citizens who live in that town to own a gun? And isn't the crime almost non-existent?
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

What's your point? You still don't have a single ounce of evidence that this is some sort of anti-gun measure on the part the the administration.

We've probably had dozens of "the sky is falling" type posts here since Obama took office, and so far the only one of them that had any factual basis was Holder's idiotic comments regarding the AWB. All of the other ones were refuted in fairly short order, which just ends up making us look like a bunch of paranoid idiots.

Is it really that much to ask that we get our facts in order before making claims?

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    What's your point? You still don't have a single ounce of evidence that this is some sort of anti-gun measure on the part the the administration.

We've probably had dozens of "the sky is falling" type posts here since Obama took office, and so far the only one of them that had any factual basis was Holder's idiotic comments regarding the AWB. All of the other ones were refuted in fairly short order, which just ends up making us look like a bunch of paranoid idiots.

Is it really that much to ask that we get our facts in order before making claims?
    If the troika of power ("O," "P," & "R") had it in their heads that AWB II wasn't a good idea, if not at least not right now, don't you think the damned thing would have been removed from their urban agenda list? Or don't you accept that it's still sitting there as a sign that they intend to shut us down? If I know pretty much where the driver intends to go I don't need to look out the window to enjoy the scenery and confirm his intent as he drives to our doom, now do I? The intent is obvious. Maybe they figure that they can disorient us with misdirection ploys and backhanded control, like this brass thing, while people like you (yes, I said it) charmingly insist that everything is just freakin' peachy-keen.

(Allegheny County)

If the troika of power ("O," "P," & "R") had it in their heads that AWB II wasn't a good idea, if not at least not right now, don't you think the damned thing would have been removed from their urban agenda list? Or don't you accept that it's still sitting there as a sign that they intend to shut us down? If I know pretty much where the driver intends to go I don't need to look out the window to enjoy the scenery and confirm his intent as he drives to our doom, now do I? The intent is obvious. Maybe they figure that they can disorient us with misdirection ploys and backhanded control, like this brass thing, while people like you (yes, I said it) charmingly insist that everything is just freakin' peachy-keen.
    I have no doubt in my mind that Obama would sign an AWB law if congress were to put one on his desk. I've never pretended otherwise.

That still doesn't mean that there is any evidence to trace this brass issue back to the White House. If that turns out to be the case then we have every right to be pissed off, but until that happens I think maybe we need to calm down and just try to figure out what the heck this is all about. So far any information on this has been pretty limited, at best.

We've already had people getting outraged about the "list of weapons to be banned", which turned out to be pulled from a bill from several years ago and had absolutely nothing to do with the current congress or administration. We've had people getting worked up over false reports of the Obama administration overturning the Bush administration regulation change allowing concealed carry in national parks. Those are just the first two off the top of my head, but if you look back you'll see that since Obama has entered office more often than not these kinds of things making their rounds on the internet have ended up being unfounded.

How many times do we have to end up being wrong and left looking like reactionary fools before we learn to calm down for a minute and do our research before getting all worked up about something? Does it really make me "one of those people" to suggest that we might want to figure out what we're talking about before opening our mouths?

(Somerset County)

Just keep repeating , Obama won't bother us .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Lehigh County)

When and If Obama goes after Guns, you'll find out about it in the State of the Union Address.. No more, no Less.

Now if Polosi decides to do it, then it'll be sneakier

Export rulings, lead bans, and brass mutilation orders from separate areas of the federal government look coincidental - on the surface. I'm not big on conspiracy theories - partially because I doubted the new administration would have gotten its collective act together so rapidly.

Seems I've been wrong on that one - and mistakenly using the word "hoard" when talking about the nearly-insatiable demand for ammunition that continues across the country. Today, laying up of ammunition might be better described as prudent preparation for possible problems.
    They've been planning this for at least a decade, if not longer, probably right after the first post-AWB I elections. Nobody likes to be accused of being a black-helicopter-seeing babbling Cletus, and so, of course, too many of us disregard what would otherwise be painfully obvious indications of what is befalling us.

I think that we have finally discovered the meaning of Spotter98's sh*t-storm commentary.

(Somerset County)

Surely oBAMA won't do this . His apoligist have assured us .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast