Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default G-96 Gun Treatment

I just bought a can of this the other day because the Hoppes #9 drives everyone nuts in my house lol. I was looking at the directions and it says...

Spray the area
    let it sit for 60 seconds
    wipe away
    **when treating the gun for the first time or long term storage protection, spray 3 times, wiping dry after the 1st and 2nd time.

Note - after treating gun allow solvent contained in the oil to evaporate for 10 minutes before placing the gun in any air tight container.

Now I got a couple ?s. It says on the can Cleans, Lubricates. Protects. So you don't need to use gun oil after wards? Do you need to clean the gun 3 times when its your first time using the gun or it not necessary? Not trying to ruin my guns by not following steps or doing useless ones.

I only ask is because sometimes when you buy stuff it sounds great on paper and then when you go to use it, it blows lol

Anyone use this stuff? I had 100% odor less cleaner but half spilled and I used the rest, it came in a kit and I haven't seen it any where else. I don't really want to buy another kit just to get odor less. I only got this one because it doesn't stink to bad.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: G-96 Gun Treatment

I use this stuff all the time and have been for years. Here is what i do..after i clean the gun normally (i use kero for cleaning) I spray it down with G96 everywhere, let it drip out all the excess then i wipe it down. Put your drops of oil where you normally do on your gun and your done. I also use it for long term storage as directed and have never had an issue. I have new guns and ones that are 100 years old. I use it on all of them no rust, does not hurt the finish. I also keep a can with my range stuff in case i need to do a quick cleaning. Great stuff.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue301 View Post
    I use this stuff all the time and have been for years. Here is what i do..after i clean the gun normally (i use kero for cleaning) I spray it down with G96 everywhere, let it drip out all the excess then i wipe it down. Put your drops of oil where you normally do on your gun and your done. I also use it for long term storage as directed and have never had an issue. I have new guns and ones that are 100 years old. I use it on all of them no rust, does not hurt the finish. I also keep a can with my range stuff in case i need to do a quick cleaning. Great stuff.
    well why do you use gun oil if the g96 is suppose to lubricate your gun?

(Lackawanna County)

I use FP10 oil on the slide rails and just a little here and there inside the slide. I use a fine needle dropper to apply just where I want it. Even though G96 is an exellent all around gun treatment I still put a little oil in critical areas.

(Monroe County)

Mickey , if you use GS 96 you dont have to use additional oil IT IS an oil.

Dont worry GS 96 is great stuff, its all i use now .
    What i like about is that it doesnt evaporate and dry out like most gun oil/grease that i have tried.

Nyman

(Delaware County)

I use it all the time myself. After regular bore cleaning I use it like a polish, to bring out the lustre of the metal.Its also great for fingerprints.