Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beretta Tomcat 3032 (32 acp)

Just wondering if anybody over here has any pros or cons about the Beretta Tomcat pistol?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Beretta Tomcat 3032 (32 acp)

Quote Originally Posted by sbc1320 View Post
    Just wondering if anybody over here has any pros or cons about the Beretta Tomcat pistol?
    i had one that i bought for my wife to carry, it was a great gun! her father owns it now. weve never had a problem with it. the only thing i can say i dont like about it is its lack of an extractor, it relies on the blowback from the fired bullet to expel the spent casing. so you cant simply rack the slide to clear the chamber. this is, however, remedied by the tip up barrel! it is very accurate for such a small pistol, and very easy to disassemble for cleaning.

Thanks, that is what I was hoping to hear. Thinking about getting one in a few months and I like what I have seen.

(York County)

I liked mine (older Tomcat) for the ease of loading and unloading the round in the chamber. No setback concerns with that tip up barrel.
    You have to watch your grip with these mouseguns...too high a grip and the slide will bite you.
    Two caveats (just my opinion):
    I never trusted the safety for cocked and locked.
    Too many sharp edges for pocket carry (remember, my Tomcat was at least 10-12 years old...newer models may be dehorned better).

I sold my Tomcat to fund purchase of a Ruger LCP which is a lighter and dehorned mousegun.
    I do like the LCP better, but I do miss that tip up barrel loading of the chamber.

BTW, I always used Winchester Silvertips in the Tomcat. They always fed well.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I liked mine (older Tomcat) for the ease of loading and unloading the round in the chamber. No setback concerns with that tip up barrel.
    You have to watch your grip with these mouseguns...too high a grip and the slide will bite you.
    Two caveats (just my opinion):
    I never trusted the safety for cocked and locked.
    Too many sharp edges for pocket carry (remember, my Tomcat was at least 10-12 years old...newer models may be dehorned better).

I sold my Tomcat to fund purchase of a Ruger LCP which is a lighter and dehorned mousegun.
    I do like the LCP better, but I do miss that tip up barrel loading of the chamber.

BTW, I always used Winchester Silvertips in the Tomcat. They always fed well.
    ditto on the silver tips, although i never had a problem with hydra shoks

love mine!
    loud as all hell, but that was a given. there isnt anything i dislike about mine. shoots everything i put in it and goes bang every time!
    This Space For Rent

Quote Originally Posted by jmiro View Post
    ...However 32 is as hard to get as 380 at this point. the tomcat is a pretty rock solid gun.

I've found that .32 isn't as rare as .380 lately. Not by much though. Still like hen's teeth.

(Berks County)

I looked at a Tomcat today. Nice feel to the gun, compact. I may buy a 32 cal as I already have 22, 25 380, 38 and 9mm. What is a fair price for this gun (new)?

(Chester County)

I have a 3032 that I use as my BUG. I originally had an 'in-the-pocket' sleeve type holster, but lately I've been using an ankle holster for it.

Very accurate, compact. Even with my big hands, never been bit by it (yet).

No problem with the safety at all, always carry conditon one.

I think you would be pleased by one.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." Thomas Jefferson

I already have a 1903 Colt 32, so I was thinking about the Berettal 32 so they could share the same ammo. It took me 2 months to get my ammo that I order online. I think that the ammo thing will get back to normal after the companies catch up after everyone freaked out when the new management (Obama) came in to office. It will probably be after summer when I buy one as the wife doesn't work in the summer time and I gots to pay all the bill right now. Great board and appreciate your input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast