Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: glock g18

(Chester County)

Question glock g18

can you legally purchase and own a g18? i know its made after 86 but have heard of them being used in the us any info is great thanks

(Bucks County)

Default Re: glock g18

There are probably very few transferable pre 86 G18's in the US and those that are here are probably mucho expensive.

I believe there's a subguns forum on the net. They should have more info for you.

(Montgomery County)

theres no transferrable g18s in the US.

Post 1968 but pre-86 IMPORTED machineguns were "Pre86 Dealer Samples".
    The G18s and converted units out there are mostly, if not all, post 86 dealer samples.

There were also no "conversions" done for private users done/made/registered before the 1986 MG making ban for civilians.

there are also no legal conversion units out there for civilians.

Sorry.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Chester County)

thanks jay

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    theres no transferrable g18s in the US.

Post 1968 but pre-86 IMPORTED machineguns were "Pre86 Dealer Samples".
    The G18s and converted units out there are mostly, if not all, post 86 dealer samples.

There were also no "conversions" done for private users done/made/registered before the 1986 MG making ban for civilians.

there are also no legal conversion units out there for civilians.

Sorry.

Jay, apparently c.sander is a bit brighter than I am... forgive my ignorance, but all the pre/post/whatever ban stuff makes my head spin.
    You say "theres no transferrable g18s in the US".
    Does that mean that whoever HAS them, they are "stuck" with them for life? (Oh what a horrible predicament that would be!)
    I haven't looked in a while, but I recall seeing many "G18 videos" on YouTube... Who owns these if nobody can get them?
    I'm so confused! (See!)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

You could always become a C3 dealer who specializes with LE and gobermint sales. Gunbroker had a few G18s for dealer samples for under $2k.

(Montgomery County)

I'd type it all out again, but I put up a FAQ so i wouldn't have to

basically, transferrables are the only NFA items allowed to be owned by civilians who are NOT Manufacturers or Dealers (SOT- Special occupation taxpayers)

everything other than transferrables is dealers/mil/govt only.

the G18s in the US on youtube are all post 86 dealer samples, or SOT conversion device guns.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/nfa-class...ppressors.html

Transferable Firearms:
    NFA firearms that can be transferred to private citizens on an ATF Form 4 are the most desirable, and therefore most expensive ones to acquire. They are often referred to as "fully transferable". Nearly all NFA suppressors, short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns, and AOWs are transferable. The number of registered machine guns that are transferable was frozen in 1986. Included in this category are the following machine guns:

Original or converted machine guns, whether foreign or domestic, if added to the Federal Registry prior to enactment of the GCA 68.

Deactivated war trophies (DEWAT) that were registered prior to enactment of the GCA 68. DEWATs can be reactivated after payment of the $200 Federal Transfer Tax and approval by BATF.

Domestically manufactured or remanufactured guns that were registered after the GCA 68 enactment, but prior to the GOPA 86 (May 19th, 1986). This includes registered receivers, sears, bolts, or other parts accepted by BATF.

Imported guns that were remanufactured into machine guns prior to the GOPA (May 19, 1986). This includes registered receivers, sears, bolts, or other parts accepted by BATF.

Pre-May Dealer Sample:
    Machine guns imported after 1968 and prior to May 19, 1986, are transferable to FFL dealers (01) and manufacturers (07) who have paid the Special Occupational Tax (SOT) for the current year. A dealer who acquires a pre-May dealer sample and then fails to pay the SOT in succeeding years may retain the gun in his private collection. It only can be transferred to someone holding a SOT or to an approved government agency, usually military or law enforcement. An exception is made sometimes if the gun is being inherited from the dealer's estate by a family member.

Post-May Dealer Sample:
    Any machine gun manufactured or imported after May 19, 1986, can be transferred between SOT payers only if they first provide a letter on agency letterhead showing that a legitimate government organization has requested to see it. This usually means a law enforcement agency or military unit. The gun can be retained by the dealer/manufacturer only so long as he pays his annual SOT. If he drops the SOT, BATFE expects him to first dispose of, surrender, or destroy the gun. It can be transferred only to another SOT payer or approved government agency, as previously described.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply