Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vet assistance?

(Monroe County)

Default Vet assistance?

any of you guys vets or were in a previous life?

Took my lab to the vet on Monday, he got his usual distemper shot and had blood taken, no lime disease

Starting yesterday he was really slow to get up and in obvious pain when moving, today its worse.

if I bend his front legs at the elbow he starts crying in pain, now he feels a bit warm like he may have a fever, he has hip dysplacia in both hips so we initially thought it may be that but that wouldn't impact his front legs. He won't bend his back legs either at all.

he won't move at all, just laying on the bed.

We can't get him to drink any water, he'll eat Milkbones if I hand them to him but he won't move to get them.

The soonest the vet can see him is tomorrow at 12:30... anyone have any idea what it might be or anything we can do to help?

Any help? any suggestions?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lehigh County)

Red face Re: Vet assistance?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    any of you guys vets or were in a previous life?

Took my lab to the vet on Monday, he got his usual distemper shot and had blood taken, no lime disease

Starting yesterday he was really slow to get up and in obvious pain when moving, today its worse.

if I bend his front legs at the elbow he starts crying in pain, now he feels a bit warm like he may have a fever, he has hip dysplacia in both hips so we initially thought it may be that but that wouldn't impact his front legs. He won't bend his back legs either at all.

he won't move at all, just laying on the bed.

We can't get him to drink any water, he'll eat Milkbones if I hand them to him but he won't move to get them.

The soonest the vet can see him is tomorrow at 12:30... anyone have any idea what it might be or anything we can do to help?

Any help? any suggestions?

What vet do you use? Give Quakertown Vet a call when ever I have to run to the vets for an emergency they have me bring my dog in right away. The number is (215) 536-6245 and good luck.
    TET 68 Survivor --- U. S. Navy 1963 - 1972

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Vet assistance?

To far, I can get away from work for an hour or 2 but quakertown vet is over an hour each way
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Northampton County)

It's probley a reaction to the shot.
    If the pup isn't feeling any better by tomorrow I would suggest that you go see these people.
    http://www.valleycentraler.com/index.htm
    They are there 24/7 very nice.
    Try to get your pup to drink, he will dehidrate faster than he will die from hunger.
    If your dog likes ice cubes give those to him.

How old is the lab?

If you think it's serious there use to be a critical care vet somewhere around Tannersville or Scotrun IIRC.

If the pooch is getting up in age and has hip problems slip him one or two apirin (not ibuprofen or acetaminophen)

Did you try canned food? Most dogs have to be really ill not to eat canned.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Luzerne County)

Call your vet. It is probably a reaction to the shot.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Monroe County)

Hip displysia and elbow are genetic malformations of the joint. Like everybody said it sounds like the vaccine.
    How old is he? Do you Seely or Creature Comforts?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Hip displysia and elbow are genetic malformations of the joint. Like everybody said it sounds like the vaccine.
    How old is he? Do you Seely or Creature Comforts?
    Seely, he seems to be getting a little better, he is lifting his head now and drank some water. We are still taking him tomorrow

(Northampton County)

Any new updates? I hope he is doing much better. Just an fyi for you dog's norm temp is 103deg...

(Monroe County)

Sorry, he seems to be getting better today then he was yesterday.

Vet thinks something kicked the lyme disease that was barely there into overdrive and he gave us some meds for that.

I'm still going with it was a reaction to the shot he got and it is just wearing off now, he is still very slow to move and get up but he is much more alert and functioning which is great.

I think he'll be just fine.

I am extremely pissed that it took me over 24 hours to get an appointment to see the doc, I need to find an urgent care facility that is good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast