Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default If you're going to be promoting a candidate...

...someone at your booth should have a freakin SEMBLANCE of an idea on where they stand. Is that too much to ask?

I was in a unseasonably good mood today and decided to talk to some of the campus Obama drones. Figured I'd go in totally non-confrontational and innocently just asking for someone to clarify Obama's stance on Second Amendment rights and gun control issues.

Oh no.
    Well, after I got passed to the "guy who would know more about policy issues" who gave no answer which was either here nor there when I asked, "so, I'm a little undecided in my voting--could you tell me about Obama's stance on gun rights as it's something that's important to me?".
    The answer? A snide "don't worry--Obama won't take away your guns", while the girl next to him glared at me like I was the antichrist for stating that it was important to me. After that I got passed off to the "campus organizer" got bitchy about "why don't you just look on the website under 'issues'--I can't stand here and quote policy to you".

Wow. So--I wasn't asking you to recite policy, I was asking you the general stance of the Obama/Biden ticket. This is not hard. If you are so gung-ho about him you PROBABLY should have a general overview of his ideas.

The whole encounter left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I can understand everyone handing out stickers and information may not know EVERYTHING about a party (though if they are campaigning I think they should be able to answer questions--ESPECIALLY if you are the supposed "policy person" or the organizer).

/rant.
    I still don't know who I'm voting for. Right now I'm on the "either way we're effed" track (I know, not popular but I'm very torn and ready to just not vote)...
    I'm gonna show him what little girls are made of, gunpowder and lead...

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris (1882)

(Monroe County)

Default Re: If you're going to be promoting a candidate...

If you want to really throw them for a loop, ask them about other issues, like why Obama voted against S. amdt 4242 to S. Con Res. 70 To protect the family budget by providing for a budget point of order against legislation that increases income taxes on taxpayers, including hard-working middle-income families, entrepreneurs, and college students.
    http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00061

Or S. amdt 4170 to S. Con. Res. 70 To protect families, family farms and small businesses by extending the income tax rate structure, raising the death tax exemption to $5 million and reducing the maximum death tax rate to no more than 35%; to keep education affordable by extending the college tuition deduction; and to protect senior citizens from higher taxes on their retirement income, maintain U.S. financial market competitiveness, and promote economic growth by extending the lower tax rates on dividends and capital gains.
    http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00043

That would really fluster them I am sure, because you know Obama is for the middle class worker, yet in these two incidents he voted against helping the middle class worker.

S. Con Res 70 -An original concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2009 and including the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2008 and 2010 through 2013.
    Last edited by Longshot; October 6th, 2008 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to add links

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: If you're going to be promoting a candidate...

Seems to me these people are just on the Obama bandwagon. probably registered to vote through MTV's "rock the vote" and wouldn't know a real political issue if it bit em in the ass.

I'm glad that you are as yet undecided and trying to gather info before making a decision. The internet is a wealth of knowledge and most all candidates stance on issues can be found with minimal research. I would suggest checking out these websites and looking under the "issues" portion. There might be something of interest to you.
    http://baldwin08.com/
    http://www.constitutionparty.com/

Best thing to do is vote FOR a candidate instead of voting AGAINST one. That just feeds the two party political system that has gotten into this mess.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope