Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default What do you really make of people OC

I'd like to see a country free to open carry. I believe it would reduce crime drastically if most carried. There is just some people I don't know about. Quite a few as a matter of fact. Just by the looks of them I get the feeling they're not playing with a complete deck of cards.
    I work part time selling guns and some individuals I see wanting to handle guns give me bad vibes. When they hold the gun and say f--k yeah and hold it sideways gangsta style and are ignorant of where the muzzle is pointing it concerns me. It concerns me more when they are approved for the weapon. I know they're not mature enough to handle the responsibility.
    Maybe I'm just profiling I don't know. I don't like hoodies on the head in the summer when shopping for a handgun either. I think they should come in at least looking as responsible adults. I have the right to turn people down for guns without reason. Are these the moments I should be using this power or am I as I said profiling. Is profiling wrong?

(York County)

Default Re: What do you really make of people OC

Subscribed. I'll get the popcorn started.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Butler County)

I have a great deal of respect for people who do nothing but OC. I do it at times. Usually when i am dressed up and cant conceal it with a coat or something. I do hear you on the bad vibes from some people though. I had a post a few weeks ago about seeing 2 OCers in 1 week and they both looked like lunatics. I was actually keeping them in line of sight the whole time. I am sure most of the people who OC are like you and I and are completely normal. I just havent met one of them yet
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Subscribed. I'll get the popcorn started.
    I just cracked a cold yuengling

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflat24 View Post
    I have a great deal of respect for people who do nothing but OC. I do it at times. Usually when i am dressed up and cant conceal it with a coat or something. I do hear you on the bad vibes from some people though. I had a post a few weeks ago about seeing 2 OCers in 1 week and they both looked like lunatics. I was actually keeping them in line of sight the whole time. I am sure most of the people who OC are like you and I and are completely normal. I just havent met one of them yet
    Some people are just down right weird. I believe most are like me and that's why I don't turn people down and let pics do it's job at catching DUIer's and summary offenders lol

(York County)

Last week I saw a guy pushing a running walk behind mower down the street. He appeared to also be arguing with himself. I got a bad vibe from that guy....

III% - Stand and be counted

(Dauphin County)

There was a guy looking at handguns one day and the dude was cross eyed. I didn't quite understand

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnydavid View Post
    I work part time selling guns and some individuals I see wanting to handle guns give me bad vibes. When they hold the gun and say f--k yeah and hold it sideways gangsta style and are ignorant of where the muzzle is pointing it concerns me. It concerns me more when they are approved for the weapon. I know they're not mature enough to handle the responsibility.
    Okay, so just because PICS comes back with an Okay, you're still free to say "No thanks" to the sale if you don't feel comfortable with it.

(Franklin County)

I'd like to see a country free to open carry. I believe it would reduce crime drastically if most carried. There is just some people I don't know about. Quite a few as a matter of fact. Just by the looks of them I get the feeling they're not playing with a complete deck of cards.
    Maybe I'm just profiling I don't know. I don't like hoodies on the head in the summer when shopping for a handgun either. I think they should come in at least looking as responsible adults. I have the right to turn people down for guns without reason. Are these the moments I should be using this power or am I as I said profiling. Is profiling wrong?
    At least when they OC you can tell which weirdos are armed. If you think about the ones ho CC, you probably won't be so bothered by the ones who OC.

I think it's ok to profile based on cloths and appearance. That person chose to dress and look the way they look, he chose to look that way because that's the way he wants people to see him, that's what he wants to be. Someone who dresses like a thug wants people to see a thug when they look at him so I would think it would be a dissapointment to him if you didn't treat him like a thug? Right?

I don't think you should turn people down because of the way they look but if they act bad enough, sure, why not.
    Last edited by ray h; November 8th, 2013 at 09:33 PM.

(Franklin County)

There was a guy looking at handguns one day and the dude was cross eyed. I didn't quite understand
    Did he say "I'll take them both"?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast