Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Afghanistan's Army!

Have a look at this video. Do you guys think we should stay there or not , curious what others think

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/News/...ot-exactly.htm

Default Re: Afghanistan's Army!

looks like we will just make it our 51st state....

(Berks County)

No. I used to, but not anymore, and that video has nothing to do with my feelings. Nor do I think we should stay in Iraq. Or anywhere else in the Middle East, Europe, Asia, or South America.

We have enough happening here, I think we need to clean up our house before we worry about the neighborhood.

(Allegheny County)

a buddy of mine is over there and he told me the same thing. some of his ANA soldiers would get so High that they would just start running and shooting into nowhere for no reason at all.

but when the SHTF, these same guys would be the fiercest fighters he has ever seen. some running head long into a band of Taliban and taking out 5 or 6 before any other soldier got to them.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

It's lose lose for us. If U.S. troops stay, they seem to not like us for telling them what to do, and if our troops come home they will not like us for "deserting" them.
    Without those people having some pride, and motivation to take their country back instead of waiting for our troops to do it for them, our troops might as well piss against the wind.
    Lastly, if Achbar and Darbash aren't going to use those rifles and ammo that my tax dollars paid for, they can send 'em back to me.

"We have enough happening here, I think we need to clean up our house before we worry about the neighborhood."

Obviously you're not a politician, you're making too much sense.

Same problems in Iraq when we started to stand up the IP's and IA. Its tough trying to instill the drive that our country has. The will our country was founded on.

Already said, clean up the home NOW and let the neighbors wait their turn, in like 300 years...

(Allegheny County)

That Marine ranting about "being ready to go" reminded me of dealing with my family. For years, and even today, I'll say "I want us ready to leave at 6 O'Clock." Since we don't wear shoes in the house, that means everything but winter coat and shoes. Six comes around and I'd say, "are we ready?" and my wife would say, "I am. I just have to brush my hair." "That's not ready!" "It is too." Of course, my kids caught the disease from her. Maybe they're middle Eastern?

I believe that hash is part of their life over there, much like alcohol is here. So getting high is to be expected.

To expect a spirit of nationalism in a country like that at this stage of the game is insane. We didn't have a spirit of nationalism early on. We had state pride but the US was some nebulous thing that few cared about. They're tribal oriented. What they need are tribal regiments, led by a tribal leader.

The "enemy," as they are called, have a goal so it stands to reason that they'll be better, the rest of the country just doesn't care about building a nation.

(Lehigh County)

It's a social problem..

Truth is, the hard miserable truth is.. Their society just doesn't have the history and structure to support a democratic system.

In order to really set up what most people would view as a "Win" you'd need to basically restructure their entire country by force, educating their young in western style ideals (the freedom and honor ones, not the MTV shit.. ) and write they're entire book of law.. With having a court system overseen if not totally ruled by us..

You'd have to do this for several generations until the idea that "There is Law and Order and our system is stable" becomes apart of their social identity.

We're not going to do that, we can't pay of it, and they'd fight us if we tried..

You get in, kill the fuckers you need to kill and hand it off to whom ever wants the job from that country and get the hell out.. Anything else is just a dream world..

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Truth is, the hard miserable truth is.. Their society just doesn't have the history and structure to support a democratic system.
    or even the concept of a nation-state for that matter.

pakistan? afghanistan? whatever...some silly lines drawn on a silly map by some silly westerners. the maps are probably good for starting campfires, though.

the video does give new meaning to the phrase "war on drugs", though. it's "war...on drugs".
    F*S=k

(Westmoreland County)

Well as long as they use French missiles, we have nothing to worry about.

Or as long as they use these crappy rifles. Look at the door!!!!!!

You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast