Round II Region 7 Game Commissioner Seat

The nomination went to the senate today. Jay has gotten the nod by the Governor!!

Thanks to all that went the extra mile to contact the Governor and your senators. This does show that outdoorsmen and women can influence the political process.

The celebration needs to be kept short though. This is the first step. Now we need to contact our state senators as the second step is confirmation by the senate. I will find and detail the process for everyone.

Link to state senators:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...tors_alpha.cfm

Here is a link to the Senate Executive Nomination Calendar. Click on the link and scroll down to Game Commission.

GAME COMMISSION, PENNSYLVANIA:
3-12-07 1 14 James J. Delaney, Jr., Wilkes-Barre

(vice, John Riley, term expired)

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/SC/NC/0/SCNC.pdf

A personal note to the Governor:

Governor Rendell,

I would like to thank you for listening to the sportsmen and women of Pennsylvania. I know many have contacted your office over the last several weeks. Pennsylvania sportsmen and women are passionate about their outdoor pursuits. They realize that the elected leadership in Harrisburg has great sway in how those interests are pursued.

Their support for Jay was genuine. As hunters and fishermen we realize that our wildlife resources are invaluable. The management of them is something that requires forethought and commitment. Having a person such as Jay Delaney as the nominee brings great promise to the future of hunting. His commitment to the wildlife and the habitat it requires is well documented. His passion to involve our children, the future outdoorsmen and women, appears to be boundless.

You made the right choice Governor. I for one appreciate it and will proudly state it publicly.

Stan Rice / Bluetick

Sportsmen and women - Please contact your state senators! Let them know you support Jay for this position and you want them to vote the same way.

Contacting your senator is important regardless where you live in the state. For confirmation, a 2/3 majority is needed.

Contact your senator!!